Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA meeting (11/18)

Featured Replies

Winter sports is for sure getting pushed into January from the sounds of it. Going to be a interesting vote today.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

3 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Guru, did they lump all winter sports into that basket or only mention basketball starting 1-4-21?

I am making breakfast so I am in and out but I don't think anything new is starting up until after the first of the year at the earliest. 

Anyone?

I posted this in the hoops forum but everyone this is my take on basketball from listening to some of the meeting:

The "good news" on basketball is the KHSAA is freely admitting basketball is the "cash cow" and the powers that be definitely want to play basketball this season. 

26 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am making breakfast so I am in and out but I don't think anything new is starting up until after the first of the year at the earliest. 

Anyone?

It's all winter sports starting on Jan 4th.

31 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am making breakfast so I am in and out but I don't think anything new is starting up until after the first of the year at the earliest. 

Anyone?

You make breakfast at 11:43?

  • Author

Anyway to get them the breaking news that Pfizer vaccine completed trial meeting all requirements and submitting for approval in a few days. Means by March/April vaccine will be widely available to public. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Anyway to get them the breaking news that Pfizer vaccine completed trial meeting all requirements and submitting for approval in a few days. Means by March/April vaccine will be widely available to public. 

The Commish made a point very similar to that which is why he wants to play the Sweet 16® right before the Derby. 

8 minutes ago, PP1 said:

You make breakfast at 11:43?

A guru has to eat!

Ohio moves forward once again with Winter Sports, no changes and leaves cancellations up to School Districts if needed?

Is this correct from Ohio?

 

Also saw Mic Cronin from UCLA says start now and have time built in for delays. 

  • Author
15 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Ohio moves forward once again with Winter Sports, no changes and leaves cancellations up to School Districts if needed?

Is this correct from Ohio?

 

I saw Ohio boys basketball starts next week so that seems to be correct. 

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It's weird seeing Mike Clines still sitting in on the KHSAA's Board Of Control meeting even though he isn't with the Diocese of Covington any longer.

This is his last meeting.  Too bad.  He is one of the few that are the voice of reason.

He will be missed!!!

So the way I heard it with Football is that if Highlands wins this Friday and then loses to CCH the following week. CCH finds out thw following Monday morning the Diocese is shutting them down. Highlands gets to play in place of CCH in the 3rd round playoff game? Can't make this stuff up! I guess the healthiest team Wins.

  • Author
58 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

So the way I heard it with Football is that if Highlands wins this Friday and then loses to CCH the following week. CCH finds out thw following Monday morning the Diocese is shutting them down. Highlands gets to play in place of CCH in the 3rd round playoff game? Can't make this stuff up! I guess the healthiest team Wins.

Survival of the fittest. 

My son played his first varsity basketball game last night here in TN.  While there are restrictions on crowd size, wearing masks, etc., we are proceeding as planned.  However, our Sumner County school system has reinstituted the 50% classroom/50% virtual learning in high and middle schools this week (1/2 of kids go Monday & Thursday, half on Tuesday & Friday, Wednesday is virtual learning).  Elementary schools are still 100% in classroom.  We've had a few teams drop out of the football playoffs but we are still playing in the quarter-finals this Friday (with 35% crowd capacity).  Some teams have played with as many as 30 kids missing from their rosters.  Keeping are fingers crossed!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.