Reds Offseason Moves

• 2 weeks later...

MLBPA has permanently tilted the field towards the richest teams. Others can compete in cycles of a couple of good years followed by years of complete rebuilding. Big market teams will consistently be at the top year in and year out...which is exactly what MLBPA wants.

Consistently bad teams in the NFL or NBA are more a product of poor management as everyone can afford to compete. 

IF he can stay healthy and return to the form he was a couple of years ago, the Reds may have their closer for this year in Sean Doolittle.  Just a one year deal.

Not sure what the plans are for Lorenzen right now (starter or pen?), but you could have Garrett, Lorenzen and Doolittle at the back end of the games.  Not necessarily the Nasty Boys...but, I'd think they'd have the potential to be effective.

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

IF he can stay healthy and return to the form he was a couple of years ago, the Reds may have their closer for this year in Sean Doolittle.  Just a one year deal.

Not sure what the plans are for Lorenzen right now (starter or pen?), but you could have Garrett, Lorenzen and Doolittle at the back end of the games.  Not necessarily the Nasty Boys...but, I'd think they'd have the potential to be effective.

I like the price tag on Doolittle. Worth a shot at that price.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Should the  SS Villar signing move the needle at all for me?

Should you be excited by it? No. An attempt at plugging the leak. He has experience but he is sliding downhill fast. Stop gap measure for one year is the most the Reds could hope for.  But it is a minor league deal so low to no risk for the Reds.

• Like 1

Reds have signed Dee Gordon to a minor league contract.  They expect him to compete for a utility role.  

After reading the articles about this, I was struck to find that there were two things I didn't realize about Gordon.  1) He won the batting title in 2015 (with the Marlins) and B) He's the current active stolen base leader, with 333.