Mayfield at Murray Predictions/Updates

Cardinals vs. Tigers  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2020 at 11:30 PM

Mayfield and Murray are no strangers to one another. The two western Kentucky stalwarts have decades of history between them, and Mayfield has two decades worth of dominance in the series. The Cardinals have bested the Tigers 24 straight times, dating back to 1997. For Murray, this looks like their best opportunity to end that run of futility in many years. 

The Tigers downed Caldwell County 41-34 in Week 6 behind quarterback Rowdy Sokolowski's 264 yards of total offense and five touchdowns. It was a clash of ranked teams that should propel Murray up in the rankings. Mayfield brings its #4 status in 2A to Murray after the Cardinals' complete annihilation of Ballard Memorial. A win for Mayfield sews up the one seed in the district and ensures that all roads to a district title run through War Memorial.

4iyiyh.thumb.jpg.27e89738238384596363edd91c6888a7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Should be one of the more even matchups in a long time. If Murray doesnt turn the ball over like it didnt last week there should be a chance for them to take this one. You also cant stall out offense very often against the cards. I agree with you purple88.

These  teams have played many many times in the last 60 years and if I'm correct Murray won once in the 60's and once the 70's and the last was in 97, some years they play twice. Murray has had some good and a few great teams but to be blunt they have been owned by the Cardinals and there is no team in this area that Mayfield likes to beat more than the Tigers.

45 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

These  teams have played many many times in the last 60 years and if I'm correct Murray won once in the 60's and once the 70's and the last was in 97, some years they play twice. Murray has had some good and a few great teams but to be blunt they have been owned by the Cardinals and there is no team in this area that Mayfield likes to beat more than the Tigers.

I would have guessed that distinction belonged to Tilghman.

• Like 1

I think when Murray plays well they are as dangerous as anybody in the district.  Not sure what happened in the Crittenden and Tilghman games, but the Caldwell game should have put Mayfield on alert.  Also, the comparable scores of the Union Co and Caldwell Co games show this to be a pretty even match (take that for what its worth).  The streak has to be broken at some point.  This is a year where Murray needs to capitalize on Mayfield's inexperience.  They won't get these opportunities very often.  

I think you raise good points BadaBing. The bottom line for Murray this year has been 6 turnovers vs Crittenden and 6 turnovers vs Tilghman and still lost in relativly close games.What was the difference in the Cladwell game? 0 turnovers. Murray hasnt beat Mayfiled tradionally and neither has anyone else. I would just like to see Murray not turn the ball over and hurt themselves and see what happens. It is as even of a matchup as its gonna get this year. Mayfield reminds me of my West Canaan teams years ago! I have a ton of respect for their football culture! Hopefully we get a great 4 quarter football game that either team can win in the end.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Mayfield at Murray Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic