Manual vs. La Salle (OH) Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2020 at 06:20 AM

6A # 4 Manual opens their season at home by welcoming Cincinnati power La Salle (2-1) who is ranked #5 in Ohio by Calpreps.com and their lone loss was to Ohio #2 St. Xavier. Manual has a great opportunity to make a statement in this game. Without considering how good La Salle is they already have 3 games to Manual’s none which makes this game even tougher for Manual. Manual certainly has some talent that can keep them in this game with JuWaun Northington at RB and fellow WR Eli Blakey. Manual has a seasoned defense returning 10 starters so can Manual pull off the upset?

I want to pick Manual, but LaSalle is already realistically at mid-season with 3 games under their belts.  Manual at a clear Covid disadvantage here with zero games played; although we are told they played pretty well in their scrimmage with Central (but that's not the same thing).  I'm not trying to take anything away from LaSalle.  They may be better than Manual anyway, but this seems unfair how it's playing out.  But life isn't fair.

• Like 1

I want to take Manual. LaSalles loss to St. X is a little perplexing to me, as I watched X lose to Brownsburg (IN) on ESPN. I think Maual can stay in this game and maybe pull the upset. But in reality, LaSalle has been playing, and the Crimsons haven't experienced game speed.

L- 42

M- 27

1 minute ago, NLTanker1 said:

I want to take Manual. LaSalles loss to St. X is a little perplexing to me, as I watched X lose to Brownsburg (IN) on ESPN. I think Maual can stay in this game and maybe pull the upset. But in reality, LaSalle has been playing, and the Crimsons haven't experienced game speed.

L- 42

M- 27

I watched that game as well and St.X choked at end. Brownsburg is top 5 team in Indiana so not a bad loss. I was surprised how much St.X beat La Salle whch was 24-10. Plus they beat Elder in OT. I could see La Salle winning 24-10.

13 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Has Ohio set their playoff pairings yet? I'm assuming their postseason should start very soon since they are only playing six regular season games.

Will determine this weekend and announce next week. Teams have to announce they are opting into playoffs by Thursday. La Salle seeding will be affected if lose this game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Will determine this weekend and announce next week. Teams have to announce they are opting into playoffs by Thursday. La Salle seeding will be affected if lose this game.

Thanks! I figured it was close. So this is definitely a big game for LaSalle, which could be trouble for a Manual team making their debut with a new quarterback.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Does anyone know if he is related to Nate Northington----one of the first
African-American  football players at UK?   Nate played at Thomas Jefferson High, if I'm not mistaken.

I know Jawaun's dad is named Victor, and I think he played football in the late-90s. So with Nate being in his 70s now, I guess that could make Jawaun either a grandson or a great-nephew...possibly. Nate still lives locally. He used to work for Louisville Metro Housing and he's a minister at Newburg Apolstolic Church.

• Like 2

Manual is predominantly a run oriented team that's breaking in a new quarterback against probably one of the best secondaries in the country. All four members of the Lancers defensive backfield are going FBS.

Jaylen Johnson - Ohio State commit

Devonta Smith - Alabama commit

Iesa Jarmon - Cincinnati commit

Jaymar Mundy - Miami (OH) commit

That would be enough to discourage nearly any coach from placing very much on the shoulders of a new quarterback in his first start, which in turn could make the Crimsons very one dimensional.

It's gonna be tough sledding against that defense. If Manual's going to have a shot, they may have to lean on their own experienced defense to come up with some turnovers and create some short field scoring opportunities. It's got to be a low scoring game, because I don't see Manual keeping pace if LaSalle scores 28+.

• Like 1