Reds at Cardinals 8/20 - 8/23

Time to move on from Iglesias as a closer.  He looked like a deer in headlights because it was the Cardinals.  He himself is going to give away what little hope they have of making the playoffs.

Bell is also a clown.  Plays a 6 man infield and takes a ground ball pitcher out for a fly ball pitcher.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Time to move on from Iglesias as a closer.  He looked like a deer in headlights because it was the Cardinals.  He himself is going to give away what little hope they have of making the playoffs.

Bell is also a clown.  Plays a 6 man infield and takes a ground ball pitcher out for a fly ball pitcher.  

Couldn’t agree more, Iglesias acts like he really doesn’t care to me, gets mad because he’s brought in when the game is tied, what a clown, both of them!!

Well we have witnessed this before with Iglesias, should probably be a set up man, if he is on his game you could roll him into the 9th, however he is no closer at all, and does not have the mentality of toughing out the 9th.  Over 10 losses last year.  Already 3 this year.

However Bell is the worst manager in baseball, and true coaching doesn't start to the 8th in my opinion, that is when the big decisions are made, and truthfully he has given away 4-5 games this year that fall on him and his lineups and position playing.  If I was a player I would hate playing for him, he plays whoever and whenever taking away confidence that hitters play with.  We have players struggling and some of that is on him.

Now tell me why we have Vanmeter, Irvin and a guy in Colon, that we just let go outright batting in the DH spot when we have Aquino and Stephenson not on the roster, it just baffles me.  Aquino has more HR's than those 2 combined in their careers, while Stephenson has more RBI's in the one game he played than they do all year.  

This team is dangerous with the starting pitching, but bullpen will cost them any chance at competing in it and Bell as the manager.  

Suarez, Votto, both batting averages are below 225, hard to win when those two have stunk along with our catchers.  We have like 3 guys total batting over 250.

47 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Totally agree, certainly on the down hill slide, but what do you do with him?

Play Farmer, he’s earned it!!  This is a business about winning, not Little League where everybody bats and plays 3 outs.  Votto WAS a great player, HAD some great years but he’s done and I think everybody knows it.