Indians at Reds (8/3-8/4)

Game 1 tonight vs the Indians. Looks to be a 2 game series in Cincinnati, followed up with a 2 game series in Cleveland. Figure we'll make separate threads for each.

1. Shogo Akiyama LF
2. Nick Castellanos RF
3. Mike Moustakas 2B
4. Eugenio Suarez 3B
5. Jesse Winker DH
6. Nick Senzel CF
7. Freddy Galvis SS
8. Christian Colon 1B
9. Tucker Barnhart C

SP : Sonny Gray

• Like 1

Lineup has been changed.

1. Shogo Akiyama LF
2. Joey Votto 1B
3. Nick Castellanos RF
4. Mike Moustakas 2B
5. Eugenio Suarez 3B
6. Jesse Winker DH
7. Nick Senzel CF
8. Freddy Galvis SS
9. Tucker Barnhart C

Game 2 tonight, Mahle vs Shane Bieber, going to be a tough one.

1. Akiyama LF
2. Votto 1B
3. Castellanos RF
4. Moustakas 2B
5. Suarez 3B
6. Winker DH
7. Senzel CF
8. Galvis SS
9. Barnhart C

Mahle SP

16 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Great game by the Redlegs all they way around. Really good pitching with clutch hitting. A good time for the Reds if they can win a few here this week vs the Indians and the Brewers they then have their next 8 games are against the Royals and the Pirates.

When the schedule was announced, I figured they needed to win 16 of the 23 games against the Tigers, Indians, Royals, White Sox and Pirates.  Then, if they could just find a way to go .500 in the other 37 games against the Cubs, Cards, Brewers and Twins, that'd get them to 34-35 wins.  That'd put them in the range of 92 wins over 162, and give them a legit shot at playoffs.

Got to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.  Losing those 2 to the Tigers in the opening series hurt.  Let's hope we don't see a replay of that against KC and Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

I’m sure there is a stat out there somewhere but the Reds have to have to biggest discrepancy between production from starting rotation to the pen of any team in baseball. One quality start after the other from the rotation. All 5 guys are pitching lights out. The bullpen has been handed the lead basically every game so far this year and we’re under .500. It’s so infuriating to have a team this talented fail to put together wins because the bullpen can’t put teams away. I have zero issue with what Bell is doing. This is a rushed season, 16 teams are making the playoffs this year so with a team like this you’re just treading water knowing if you can get to the postseason you’re starters are going to put you in position to win and they can go longer in to games. But we have to get there first. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I’m sure there is a stat out there somewhere but the Reds have to have to biggest discrepancy between production from starting rotation to the pen of any team in baseball. One quality start after the other from the rotation. All 5 guys are pitching lights out. The bullpen has been handed the lead basically every game so far this year and we’re under .500. It’s so infuriating to have a team this talented fail to put together wins because the bullpen can’t put teams away. I have zero issue with what Bell is doing. This is a rushed season, 16 teams are making the playoffs this year so with a team like this you’re just treading water knowing if you can get to the postseason you’re starters are going to put you in position to win and they can go longer in to games. But we have to get there first. 

Last night towards the end of the game the announcers said so far this season the starters had pitched 60 innings and given up 20 runs. The relievers had pitched 29 innings and given up 29 runs. Hopefully I am remembering those numbers correctly.