Indians at Reds (8/3-8/4)

brown4

2 hours ago, punttheball said:

Last night towards the end of the game the announcers said so far this season the starters had pitched 60 innings and given up 20 runs. The relievers had pitched 29 innings and given up 29 runs. Hopefully I am remembering those numbers correctly.

I mean that would equate to 3.00 ERA for the rotation and a 9.00 ERA in the pen. Horrifically bad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Hitting in all of MLB is down so far. There are only six teams hitting better than .247. Reds are hitting .206 as a team. There are six other teams at .206 or worse. It is ugly for the hitters in MLB so far this year.

And remember that this is with a universal DH. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

At one point do we give in and say Suarez just isn’t going to hit this year. 

I'm not a hitting coach by any stretch of the imagination.  However, can't someone (with Suarez) look at video from from last year and this year side by side and see if anything is different?  In this age of a "digital game" with extensive statistics on every pitcher, batter and fielder,  can't someone determine if teams are taking advantage of a weakness of Suarez in general or in a particular part of the count?  Or could Suarez be going through some physical ailment or lack of confidence at the plate?

57 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I'm not a hitting coach by any stretch of the imagination.  However, can't someone (with Suarez) look at video from from last year and this year side by side and see if anything is different?  In this age of a "digital game" with extensive statistics on every pitcher, batter and fielder,  can't someone determine if teams are taking advantage of a weakness of Suarez in general or in a particular part of the count?  Or could Suarez be going through some physical ailment or lack of confidence at the plate?

If it was that simple, everyone would hit 300. LOL

• Like 1

Lineup for tonight's game.

1. Shogo Akiyama LF
2. Nick Castellanos RF
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Eugenio Suarez 3B
5. Jesse Winker DH
6. Nick Senzel CF
7. Freddy Galvis SS
8. Kyle Farmer 2B
9. Tucker Barnhart C