Marlins CV Outbreak

1 minute ago, rjs4470 said:

Not good.  Now we have to wait and see if the Phillies will have any issues with CV after playing the Marlins.

Or the Yankees, who are next in line to visit Philly’s visitors’ clubhouse.  

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

Isn't this a "test run" for everyone in competitive sports?

I wonder if everyone involved will have to quarantine for 14 days? 

Yes.  A 14 day self isolation is part of the MLB and MLBPA protocols.

• Thanks 1

One more team outbreak and I think that will be the end of the MLB season. They are playing under a narrow window and I don't think they want to get involved with scheduling a slew of double-headers to fit the 67 day schedule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

One more team outbreak and I think that will be the end of the MLB season. They are playing under a narrow window and I don't think they want to get involved with scheduling a slew of double-headers to fit the 67 day schedule.

Agreed. I’m not sure why they put so much travel into the schedule in the first place.  If you’re playing division opponents five times at home and five on the road, why not play a five game series and avoid some travel? Same with the interleague opponents. This isn’t why the Marlins came down with COVID but to me if you are wanting to limit things, making every Sunday a getaway day was ill planned and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Pull 12 players up from the Marlins reserve roster and play ball.

Sanitize the visitor clubhouse in Philly, bring in the Yankees and play ball.

I am totally serious in both those comments.

I agree VoR, this is the only way sports can function. 

1 hour ago, DragonFire said:

Of course it was the Marlins.  Both because it's in Florida, but also.... it's the Marlins.  They always find a way to screw things up. 

My first thoughts exactly.  I'm not sure what's more surprising its the Marlins because it's Florida or it's the Marlins because their organization/front office sucks.