Question About The Riots

BFritz

I got no clue. I'm not familiar at all with what someone must go through. But from a PR standpoint, it would make sense for larger metro police departments, to definitely be announcing a few new tactics in their vetting process.

There isn't any PR good enough to change some people's minds. If they announced something liken that they would be lucky to get an article with 100 views.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what are you insinuating is going to happen?

I'm not insinuating anything. History has shown us time and time again. If we keep ignoring the police brutality in this country, we will continue to see protests and riots. Expecting one thing to stop without the other is asinine. As long as people continue to focus on how a message is being delivered rather than why, nothing will change. History has proven that.

I'm not insinuating anything. History has shown us time and time again. If we keep ignoring the police brutality in this country, we will continue to see protests and riots. Expecting one thing to stop without the other is asinine. As long as people continue to focus on how a message is being delivered rather than why, nothing will change. History has proven that.

And ultimately, people have taken issue with every attempt people have made to deliver the message. The focus always ends up being "why can't they find another way", and why the method of protest is wrong.

And ultimately, people have taken issue with every attempt people have made to deliver the message. The focus always ends up being "why can't they find another way", and why the method of protest is wrong.

Because they don't want change. They are comfortable because it doesn't affect them.

David Dorn’s life mattered too. What happened to George Floyd, doesn’t justify what happened to David Dorn.

Who said it was justified?

I’m tired of “watching what happens” to innocent people. The disgraced cop was fired and arrested for George Floyd and will serve life. The others will be charged as well. There is no magic solution to fix everything right away. We need a lot of change, but not at the expense of good people like David Dorn.

I'll take your word for it. After watching Arbery's murder, I couldn't watch George Floyd's. And I don't want to watch that one either. Maybe I should so that I will have a better understanding, but I'm just not there.

All these real life examples of hatred and selfishness trumping human life...it's just tragic.

It is an image I will never be able to purge from my memory. It is just like the other two brutal murders you mentioned.

I’m tired of “watching what happens” to innocent people. The disgraced cop was fired and arrested for George Floyd and will serve life. The others will be charged as well. There is no magic solution to fix everything right away. We need a lot of change, but not at the expense of good people like David Dorn.

And we are tired of police brutality.

And we are tired of police brutality.

It's not just the brutality. It's also the voices being ignored. It's the attempt to place and assign blame to the victims. And painting the protesters as thugs and criminals. It's being asked to "trust the legal system" to be able to dole out justice, the same system that is enforced by and protects those who commit the brutality. And even worse it's being told it's not as bad as you think it is and that racism and social inequity doesn't really exist anymore. And then watching this same situation play out again, and again.

Many police departments put candidates through an application, written and physical test, psychological test, extensive background investigation, polygraph test etc. What else would you add?

I'll add some smaller departments probably don't do all of this, because they can't afford to.

I would make sure that the background investigation included candidates’ social media accounts. Maybe they do already, I don’t know. You might not eliminate many candidates, but at least those who are stupid enough to keep certain content out there could be culled right away.

I would make sure that the background investigation included candidates’ social media accounts. Maybe they do already, I don’t know. You might not eliminate many candidates, but at least those who are stupid enough to keep certain content out there could be culled right away.

Background investigations can be pretty in-depth. Most reputable investigations have been looking at social media for a few years.

I can't speak to all police departments but the one's I am familiar with do.