Trinity - 2020 Schedule

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Honest question...is Trinity better off opting for a 5 or 6 game regular season instead of playing a Lex Cath or a Boyle County in order to have 7 or 8 games?

Absolutely. They gain nothing from playing a 4 or 5A team, and most 6A teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Absolutely. They gain nothing from playing a 4 or 5A team, and most 6A teams.

Think FD would give them more of a game this season? Brought in a QB with a cannon to pair with 3 high level D1 WRs. 

7 hours ago, DearToday said:

Think FD would give them more of a game this season? Brought in a QB with a cannon to pair with 3 high level D1 WRs. 

I'm not sure about that. FD and St. X scheduled a game pretty quick. I'd say they are more confident in giving the Tigers a better game than the Rocks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DearToday said:

I guess that depends on what you mean by "more of a game." 

FD is certainly one of the few teams in the state that would have the best opportunity to give Trinity a game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I guess that depends on what you mean by "more of a game." 

FD is certainly one of the few teams in the state that would have the best opportunity to give Trinity a game. 

This year I am not sure the list of teams who can hang within 3 TD's of Trinity inside the state of KY goes beyond Male or X.. FD would (on paper at least) probably be at the top of that next group of teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Trinity has added Cincy Moeller on 9/11 at Marshall Stadium. 

I was told that Moeller was working with Trinity to change things and stay on their schedule. That means the Moeller vs. Lafayette game that was scheduled for 9/11 has been either cancelled or rescheduled. I also think it's pretty interesting that today Ryle posted their revised schedule on Tuesday, and then turned around this morning and said that the Sep 25 game against Elder was no longer being played.

I realize that Sep 25 is pride week for Trinity and St. X, so the Elder/Ryle change wouldn't appear to be of any benefit to Trinity's schedule, but I'm suspect that there is some shamrock-green incentive being offered to GCL schools to change their schedules around a little right now.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They can move St.X vs Trinity to October 2nd since St.X has that week open and Trinity had Cathedral that week which can’t play so if can move St.X game then can play Elder on 9/25 and maybe St.X could pick up Ryle.

X and T may get moved anyway depending on what UofL's schedule looks like. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, Randy Parker said:

I'd like to see that matchup for sure.  I might give CovCath the slightest of edges.

But that's the only year I can think of, at least in recent memory.  90% of the time Trinity would be too much, in my opinion.

This is my thought also.

58 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

KHSAA site was updated today showing Trinity/Moeller on Saturday, September 5 at 7pm. Is that a mistake or are they getting an exception of some type to play?

I would say error. No way getting exemption to play earlier than established first game date.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

KHSAA site was updated today showing Trinity/Moeller on Saturday, September 5 at 7pm. Is that a mistake or are they getting an exception of some type to play?

Moeller was on Trinity's original schedule, they just changed the date and location after the restrictions were made and things started to shuffle. 

• Like 2