Trinity - 2020 Schedule

Don't know much about the OOS teams on their schedule, but don't see any KY team being much of a challenge for Trinity this year. They are just that much better than everyone this year. In theory Fredrick Douglass should have to the talent to compete, but Trinity will probably beat them soundly in the scrimmage because they'll just be a better team; similar to last year.

Don't know much about the OOS teams on their schedule, but don't see any KY team being much of a challenge for Trinity this year. They are just that much better than everyone this year. In theory Fredrick Douglass should have to the talent to compete, but Trinity will probably beat them soundly in the scrimmage because they'll just be a better team; similar to last year.

Carmel was the IN 6A State Champ last year.

Warren Central won it in 2018.

Cathedral lost in the 5A semifinal last year.

Moeller has been down for a while, and is on their 3rd coach in 4 years.

Life Christian is an athletic academy. They play nearly every game on the road, and all over the region.

@NLTanker1, who would you say at this point looks like the strongest out of state challenge?

Not looking forward to the last regular season game of the season.

Cathedral thumped the Rocks last year 28-7. I think they should be considered our toughest opponent. Life Christian is not afraid of anyone, but after watching video of them, I don't think they'll match up well with Trinity.

Cathedral thumped the Rocks last year 28-7. I think they should be considered our toughest opponent. Life Christian is not afraid of anyone, but after watching video of them, I don't think they'll match up well with Trinity.

I just looked up their (Life Christian) scores from last year and while they played tough teams they didn’t seem to be very close games.

I just looked up their (Life Christian) scores from last year and while they played tough teams they didn’t seem to be very close games.

If I'm not mistaken, their football program is relatively new. Regardless, they play tough competition that requires them to travel a lot.

What does Warren Central have coming back? If memory serves correct those have been good games the last couple of years.

I'm not sure what WC has returning, but you're correct that they've been good games.

2017- Trinity won 42-41

2018- WC won 42-41 (after being down 20)

2019- Trinity won 17-14

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, NLTanker1 said:

8-14 (Scrimmage) Frederick Douglass

8-21 at Carmel (IN)

8-28 vs. Warren Central (IN)

9-5 Moeller (OH) at Princeton

9-11 vs. Life Christian (VA)

9-18 vs. Male

9-25 vs. St. X at Cardinal Stadium (St. X is the home team)

10-2 vs. Cathedral (IN)

10-9 vs. Ballard*

10-23 at Eastern*

10-30 vs. Bowling Green

* = district game

So today's KHSAA ruling about fall sports states that member schools may only play schools located in KY or located in a county that directly borders KY this season.

That knocks out Carmel (IN), Warren Central (IN), Life Christian (VA) and Cathedral (IN). Moeller is in Hamilton County, Ohio and directly borders Kentucky, so it is a permissible opponent (assuming Moeller doesn't change their own schedule for any reason). With the truncated 9 week regular season, that means Trinity is looking for at least 3 teams to play. Who are the likely or best candidates?

38 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So today's KHSAA ruling about fall sports states that member schools may only play schools located in KY or located in a county that directly borders KY this season.

That knocks out Carmel (IN), Warren Central (IN), Life Christian (VA) and Cathedral (IN). Moeller is in Hamilton County, Ohio and directly borders Kentucky, so it is a permissible opponent (assuming Moeller doesn't change their own schedule for any reason). With the truncated 9 week regular season, that means Trinity is looking for at least 3 teams to play. Who are the likely or best candidates?

Good question, that will be tough to find anyone remotely competitive. I suspect all Cinncinnati schools schedules are set. 

18 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Good question, that will be tough to find anyone remotely competitive. I suspect all Cinncinnati schools schedules are set. 

One small possibility (which I hope doesn't happen) is that Cov Cath drops LaSalle from their schedule in order to reduce to reduce the number of games, and then Trinity plays LaSalle. I don't see Cov Cath dropping that game, but maybe Trinity could give them some financial incentive to do so.

Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

One small possibility (which I hope doesn't happen) is that Cov Cath drops LaSalle from their schedule in order to reduce to reduce the number of games, and then Trinity plays LaSalle. I don't see Cov Cath dropping that game, but maybe Trinity could give them some financial incentive to do so.

Maybe CovCath should drop LaSalle and play Trinity. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Maybe CovCath should drop LaSalle and play Trinity. 

I would love it....except that year in and year out, LaSalle is a much better match-up to Cov Cath (not to mention that it's like 85% physically closer than Trinity). But yeah, this year for example, I would expect Trinity to handle Cov Cath.