2020 NFL Draft Round 1

I really thought Jedrick Wills Jr would have went before Thomas jmo.

The 2016 playoff loss my Pioneers took to Wills Lafayette team in a high scoring affair, doesn't look as bad now. Oh yea, Landon Young 3rd team ALL SEC this year was also on that Lafayette team. Always fun to look back at stuff like that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2016 playoff loss my Pioneers took to Wills Lafayette team in a high scoring affair, doesn't look as bad now. Oh yea, Landon Young 3rd team ALL SEC this year was also on that Lafayette team. Always fun to look back at stuff like that.

ESPN/NFL network had Wills HS team as winning the 6A State his senior year which they were actually runner-up lol.

Anyone catch the lie that Wills won state title as a high school senior?

Perhaps they were referring to the ever elusive public school championship that Louisville Male created and then lost to Simon Kenton. Trinity beat X in semi finals, Lafayette beat Scott County in the semi finals.

I don't remember what year it was that Male had a public school state championship trophy made and then gave to Simon Kenton, I THINK 2008.

They just announced that next years draft will be held in Cleveland.

That has been known for awhile that next years draft will be in Cleveland, that was set awhile ago. The announcement tonight was where the 2022 draft would be held at, and that will be in Las Vegas since they didn’t get it this year like planned.

The bengals are in a great spot heading into the third round. The three guys I wanted going into the draft in the second round were Denzel Mims, Josh Jones, and Zack Baun. All three of them are available.

There are also a few other guys people thought could have went in the first round still available. The Bengals probably could trade back and get one of those three picks still.

However, I would trade down any further than 7 spots at most. Plus I would have to get a 3rd round pick to trade down, I don’t trade down for a fourth. If you can’t get a third, then you take whatever player they feel is the best.

The bengals are in a great spot heading into the third round. The three guys I wanted going into the draft in the second round were Denzel Mims, Josh Jones, and Zack Baun. All three of them are available.

There are also a few other guys people thought could have went in the first round still available. The Bengals probably could trade back and get one of those three picks still.

However, I would trade down any further than 7 spots at most. Plus I would have to get a 3rd round pick to trade down, I don’t trade down for a fourth. If you can’t get a third, then you take whatever player they feel is the best.

I definitely do not want Mims at the top of round 2. I am good with Jones or Baun. I lean towards Jones because I think he has more upside.

I definitely do not want Mims at the top of round 2. I am good with Jones or Baun. I lean towards Jones because I think he has more upside.

I like Mims a lot, and think he will end up being a possible stud in the NFL. Much like how Michael Thomas was when he fell to the second round to the Saints.

So I am good with any of those three guys. Would be great if they can get one of them, while being able to trade back for an additional pick.

I like Mims a lot, and think he will end up being a possible stud in the NFL. Much like how Michael Thomas was when he fell to the second round to the Saints.

So I am good with any of those three guys. Would be great if they can get one of them, while being able to trade back for an additional pick.

I fear Mims could be another John Ross type of bust. I read reports on him being unable to separate in route running and some other information that concerned me. No doubt he has the physical skills you would hope for but so does John Ross.

In addition out of those 3 players the one who had some first round projections, even as high as in the teens, was Houston OT Joshua Jones. I feel like you're getting a value and more potential upside with him than the other two. And OT is more a position of need for the Bengals.

I really thought Jedrick Wills Jr would have went before Thomas jmo.

Browns sure-fire 1st-ballot Hall of Fame LT, Joe Thomas, picked Jedrick Wills as the best OT in the draft. On April 19, he said the Browns should pick him over every other tackle. According to Thomas, he is the most NFL-ready OT coming out of college. And when he watches his ability to move, his feet, etc., Wills is the best. He says he will have no trouble moving to LT. He actually was covering Tua's blind-side as Tua is left-handed.

Here's Joe Thomas' HILARIOUS reaction when the pick of Wills was announced:

Joe Thomas gives priceless reaction to Browns’ pick in NFL Draft: 5 feel-good items to make you smile - cleveland.com

This is from Thomas' twitter feed explaning why he prefers Wills to the other OTs:

ThomasOnWills.jpg

I fear Mims could be another John Ross type of bust. I read reports on him being unable to separate in route running and some other information that concerned me. No doubt he has the physical skills you would hope for but so does John Ross.

In addition out of those 3 players the one who had some first round projections, even as high as in the teens, was Houston OT Joshua Jones. I feel like you're getting a value and more potential upside with him than the other two. And OT is more a position of need for the Bengals.

I read one of those reports too. However, I know a lot of reports on Mims also said the Baylor offense was very simple and didn’t allow him to get to run many routes. Then at the senior bowl he was able to show the whole route tree, and by reports was unguardable during practices and in one on ones and consistently getting great separation running great routes during senior bowl week.

As for Jones I would love to have him too. He is a great talent, who also made more of a name for himself during senior bowl week. Especially during OL one on one drills. Plus as you mentioned it fills a need.

I would love any of the three of Jones, Mims, or Baun. That’s why I would look into trading back to see if they could get an additional pick. As long as they don’t move to far back though. If they can get an additional pick and get one of those three, I would be thrilled!