Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is coronavirus testing really important for opening America?

Featured Replies

I think that testing should be part of the going back to work plan. I also think that both antibody testing and exposure testing should be done. If you have the antibodies, great! Go back to work (even though we don’t know for sure how long the antibodies last). For others, bi weekly or monthly testing for a few months should also be done. If you turn positive, then self isolate. In the meantime, wear masks and practice social distancing as much as possible, and have plenty of hand sanitizer and soap and water at the workplace. Obviously if you start showing symptoms, go home and get tested again.

 

If you are at risk, or live with someone at risk, continue to stay home.

 

The question is how to accomplish this. Do we have a test with a quick turn around time? Can we manufacture massive amounts of these tests? I believe the answer is yes to the former. I also believe that mass manufacturing can occur and testing can and should be done for free at as many schools as possible. God knows the government is throwing enough money at everything else to try to control this, and support our citizens. If this country can suddenly produce ventilator parts from car manufacturing plants, reliable test kits can be made as well. It has to be cheaper than paying millions of families to stay home.

 

The thought that we can all stay home until this is over, is ridiculous. We have to adopt a “new normal” which may last months, and some version of our new normal will probably last forever.

 

Lastly, think of the knowledge the CDC will gain by having so many people tested.

Edited by Beechwoodfan

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FDA has authorized the first diagnostic test with a home collection option for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.

 

Huge step forward, once it’s mass produced.

The FDA has authorized the first diagnostic test with a home collection option for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.

 

Huge step forward, once it’s mass produced.

 

I agree. This needs to be coupled with a way to report and paid leave plan. Folks with no paid leave ain't testing, and we need people doing this.

I told my wife 10 years ago when we killed Osama bin Laden that the Chinese government was a greater threat than he was.

 

I still believe that...

 

This is our new way of life. This is the blueprint that the world needs to bring us down.

 

This will happen every couple years from now on. A new virus with no cure and no vaccine.

 

All it takes is someone smart enough to infect a couple people heading into our country and it will spread just as this one has.

 

911 was nothing compared to the 42000 deaths from this. It’s a lot easier this way too.

 

Like it or not, this is the new regular.

 

Do you think this was an act of terrorism? I’ve seen others allude to that. I’ve seen others question it. The thing that sticks out to me is that if this was produced to be used as a weapon then its use is irresponsible. When bioterrorism weapons aren’t used aren’t they made for specific use against specific people? Infecting the whole planet benefits no one and at the end of the day the death rate is still considerably low when looking at the numbers.

 

Not saying this isn’t biowarfare. Just adding to the conversation.

Welcome my man.

 

It’s conceivable that half to possibly 2/3rds of the population will contract it right? Does that change anyone’s perspective on here?

 

No. It doesn’t change my perspective. It makes me hungry for more knowledge on how the virus acts. The inability to accurately predict what is going to happen with known exposure is always going to be a major issue.

 

This info is a step in the right direction, IMO.

I work in what is called an essential job. Every employee that comes into the plant should be tested once a month IMO. If we are serious about having “essential” work remaining open then those “essential” employees should be getting tested as frequently as possible. We are the ones who can create a cluster insanely quick. We should all be monitored until we know more about The Rona.

 

Taking everyone’s temperature everyday isn’t going to find the asymptomatic people. We will be the ones spreading the virus.

  • Author
Do you think this was an act of terrorism? I’ve seen others allude to that. I’ve seen others question it. The thing that sticks out to me is that if this was produced to be used as a weapon then its use is irresponsible. When bioterrorism weapons aren’t used aren’t they made for specific use against specific people? Infecting the whole planet benefits no one and at the end of the day the death rate is still considerably low when looking at the numbers.

 

Not saying this isn’t biowarfare. Just adding to the conversation.

 

It may have been an "accident" to start but lying about it and not trying to contain it internationally sounds like warfare to me.

It may have been an "accident" to start but lying about it and not trying to contain it internationally sounds like warfare to me.

 

There isn’t a country on this planet who wouldn’t have lied about accidentally releasing a virus considerably more contagious than the flu.

It may have been an "accident" to start but lying about it and not trying to contain it internationally sounds like warfare to me.

 

I tend to believe it was an accident. Seems very plausible.

 

The fallout afterwards will always bother me on many different levels.

Welcome my man.

 

It’s conceivable that half to possibly 2/3rds of the population will contract it right? Does that change anyone’s perspective on here?

 

Yes, that makes me want to be more closed. I don't want to get it and want to see risk of me getting it reduced. If we have to stay locked down longer to keep it below half the population getting it, then stay locked down until we figure out how to reduce risk further.

Do you think this was an act of terrorism? I’ve seen others allude to that. I’ve seen others question it. The thing that sticks out to me is that if this was produced to be used as a weapon then its use is irresponsible. When bioterrorism weapons aren’t used aren’t they made for specific use against specific people? Infecting the whole planet benefits no one and at the end of the day the death rate is still considerably low when looking at the numbers.

 

Not saying this isn’t biowarfare. Just adding to the conversation.

 

No, I don’t believe this virus was related to terrorism.

 

I believe this was an accident that has brought the world to a stand still due to the failures of multiple nations at multiple levels.

 

However, looking at the chaos this has caused I can see the development and spread of viruses being very appealing to terrorist organizations.

 

Specifically in the Middle Eastern countries where no one travels for leisure.

 

Infect a few people and send them to Europe and the states...

I tend to believe it was an accident. Seems very plausible.

 

The fallout afterwards will always bother me on many different levels.

 

That's where I stand. It ticks me off that China didn't let more international assistance in the early stages. Also, I'll question the domestic travel restrictions but no international travel restrictions from China? I tend to think that this was a series of bad decision making.

 

I'd like to see more evidence of a purposeful release. That evidence will probably never be seen though.

Dang, I wasn’t aware that contact tracing wasn’t mandatory. Yikes......

Yes, that makes me want to be more closed. I don't want to get it and want to see risk of me getting it reduced. If we have to stay locked down longer to keep it below half the population getting it, then stay locked down until we figure out how to reduce risk further.

 

We’re gonna have mass antibodies against it well before a vaccine.

No, I don’t believe this virus was related to terrorism.

 

I believe this was an accident that has brought the world to a stand still due to the failures of multiple nations at multiple levels.

 

However, looking at the chaos this has caused I can see the development and spread of viruses being very appealing to terrorist organizations.

 

Specifically in the Middle Eastern countries where no one travels for leisure.

 

Infect a few people and send them to Europe and the states...

 

It worked well with European Settlers unleashing small pox on indigenous Natives.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.