Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 59 Indiana 54

Featured Replies

I agree with you 100%! To boo amateur kids is showing no class in my opinion!

 

I also concur.:thumb:

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you 100%! To boo amateur kids is showing no class in my opinion!

But its ok to boo pros???

But its ok to boo pros???

 

Ummm.....Pros are getting paid to perform at a high level....Collegiate athletes are not. They are doing the best they possibly can. As another poster said, all Thomas is guilty of is accepting the scholly offer and going in to the game when asked.

Ummm.....Pros are getting paid to perform at a high level....Collegiate athletes are not. They are doing the best they possibly can. As another poster said, all Thomas is guilty of is accepting the scholly offer and going in to the game when asked.

 

So, it will be ok with you from now on if we say things like:

 

"Come on Tubby! Why would you put Thomas in the game?!?"

 

or

 

"Tubby, Sheray cannot compete at this level!"

 

or something along those lines?

So, it will be ok with you from now on if we say things like:

 

"Come on Tubby! Why would you put Thomas in the game?!?"

 

or

 

"Tubby, Sheray cannot compete at this level!"

 

or something along those lines?

 

 

If fans want to boo Tubby, go right ahead. He is being paid to do his job. But for supposed UK fans to boo Sheray Thomas is embarrassing.

 

BTW, if you were a recruit who was considering UK, would you want to go there if their own fans are booing you. I know I sure wouldn't.

2 things...

 

A) You would be just as immature/wrong/childish to do that as to boo.

 

B) Booing is the worldwide expression of not liking something and Sheray Thomas does not deserve it from HIS HOME CROWD. That's ridiculous and embarassing. Show some respect.

 

This is unbelievable that we have adults on here trying to justify the booing of a UK player at Rupp arena by UK 'fans'. This is no different than being at your son's high school basketball game and upon his entering the game, his school's student section boos him. But hey, no big deal, right? Get real.

Ummm.....Pros are getting paid to perform at a high level....Collegiate athletes are not. They are doing the best they possibly can. As another poster said, all Thomas is guilty of is accepting the scholly offer and going in to the game when asked.

We as fans going to games pretty much are paying for them to go to school. About the same as going to a game for pros. Not saying it is ok by the way just playing Devils advocate.

2 things...

 

A) You would be just as immature/wrong/childish to do that as to boo.

 

B) Booing is the worldwide expression of not liking something and Sheray Thomas does not deserve it from HIS HOME CROWD. That's ridiculous and embarassing. Show some respect.

 

This is unbelievable that we have adults on here trying to justify the booing of a UK player at Rupp arena by UK 'fans'. This is no different than being at your son's high school basketball game and upon his entering the game, his school's student section boos him. But hey, no big deal, right? Get real.

 

I personally would never boo a player at a game, so don't include me in the adults trying to justify anything section of your comments.

 

One other way of looking at this, however, is that when fans actually purchase tickets, they probably have the right to boo or cheer as they please. Not saying that I would have the heart to do it, but also playing devil's advocate.

FWIW, Sheray kills me but I don't think a college or high school player who is doing his best should ever be booed. A pro player is different because he is a professional who is getting paid although I see very little being accomplished by either act. It is even worse to get booed before you touch the ball.

I had a bad feeling once Perry went out but the Cats got the job done. Still making terrible mistakes leading to turnovers, turnovers and terrible defensive rebounding will lead to bad news. As far as booing Sheray goes, it's totally classless, our home crowds are a joke the only time they make noise is to belittle own of our own.

I was at this game and it was an exciting atmosphere because it was close but some poor ballhandling by UK I would like to see them be more aggresive on defense and getting fastbreak oppurtunities. It would really open up their low scoring games.

FWIW, Sheray kills me but I don't think a college or high school player who is doing his best should ever be booed. A pro player is different because he is a professional who is getting paid although I see very little being accomplished by either act. It is even worse to get booed before you touch the ball.

 

I agree. Don't get me wrong, Ive supported Sheray and I feel like hes over-criticized, but I do agree he deserves criticism.

He played 9 minutes tonight. I feel like between 9 and 15 minutes is where he needs to be.

And you have to give credit where credit is due. His last rebound was a great board. He went up in traffic and took it.

I thought UK played good defense tonight and it got us a win. We do need to rebound better. Indiana played very good defense as well. Both teams seemed fairly similar.

I thought Crawford deciding to go to the rack instead of settling for 3s was big for UK. He played a whole lot better in the 2nd half.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, Ive supported Sheray and I feel like hes over-criticized, but I do agree he deserves criticism.

He played 9 minutes tonight. I feel like between 9 and 15 minutes is where he needs to be.

And you have to give credit where credit is due. His last rebound was a great board. He went up in traffic and took it.

 

Saved the day.:thumb: I hope he goes to sleep tonight thinking about that instead of the other.

Tubby Smith vs. Kelvin Sampson

 

Anybody with any sense knew this would be a battle in the 50's. I don't know why anybody is surprised with this outcome.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.