Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 59 Indiana 54

Featured Replies

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Murray beat Morehead by 3.

 

I know, I was just roughing Wireman a little. He said he was off to watch the funest Ky team. Murray State playing some fun games as well. Anyway Great job by UK and it was a fun game to watch as well. Beating IU just isn't the same for me since Davis left, because of some of his quotes against UK. Good win for Tubby and let's keep it rolling!

Hearing the fans boo Thomas made me embarrassed to be a UK fan.

I'm glad Sheray got that rebound," Perry said. "I heard the boos. What can you say? Hopefully he showed his commitment and will power. He's doing his best. What more can you ask? It's not like we're getting paid millions of dollars to cure cancer. We are playing basketball."

 

 

 

"I didn't hear nothing at all," Thomas said. "I'm focused on the game. I don't hear the crowd.

 

"(Smith) said, 'Go rebound. That's all.' He said we needed a rebound. I saw the ball in the air and just went and got it."

 

"He's had it tough going all the way back to his surgery (for a tumor)," Perry said. "The fans have been tough on him. I hoped maybe they'd show some appreciation. I don't know, I guess it's human nature. You've got to blame someone for something.

 

"He doesn't say anything, he just goes out and plays. He's never mentioned it to me. He doesn't let things like that get to him."

I'm glad Sheray got that rebound," Perry said. "I heard the boos. What can you say? Hopefully he showed his commitment and will power. He's doing his best. What more can you ask? It's not like we're getting paid millions of dollars to cure cancer. We are playing basketball."

 

 

 

"I didn't hear nothing at all," Thomas said. "I'm focused on the game. I don't hear the crowd.

 

"(Smith) said, 'Go rebound. That's all.' He said we needed a rebound. I saw the ball in the air and just went and got it."

 

"He's had it tough going all the way back to his surgery (for a tumor)," Perry said. "The fans have been tough on him. I hoped maybe they'd show some appreciation. I don't know, I guess it's human nature. You've got to blame someone for something.

 

"He doesn't say anything, he just goes out and plays. He's never mentioned it to me. He doesn't let things like that get to him."

 

Sheray says he didn't hear it, and for his sake I hope he didn't, but it still made me cringe while watching it on TV. The fans that booed really embarrassed the UK Basketball program today. Like Perry said, they're not getting paid to play, give the kid a break.

 

I guarantee you most of the people booing have never played a game of competitive basketball in their lives. If they had, they would know better. The whole Oak Hill basketball team was in attendence for this game. I'm sure they all left wanting to come and play at a school where your own fans degrade you. What a joke...

I know, I was just roughing Wireman a little. He said he was off to watch the funest Ky team. Murray State playing some fun games as well. Anyway Great job by UK and it was a fun game to watch as well. Beating IU just isn't the same for me since Davis left, because of some of his quotes against UK. Good win for Tubby and let's keep it rolling!

 

MSU didn't play all that well tonight. I was a little disappointed, but that's the way it is with an inexperienced team. Congrats to Murray for getting a good road victory.

Sheray says he didn't hear it, and for his sake I hope he didn't, but it still made me cringe while watching it on TV. The fans that booed really embarrassed the UK Basketball program today. Like Perry said, they're not getting paid to play, give the kid a break.

 

I guarantee you most of the people booing have never played a game of competitive basketball in their lives. If they had, they would know better. The whole Oak Hill basketball team was in attendence for this game. I'm sure they all left wanting to come and play at a school where your own fans degrade you. What a joke...

As far as the Oak Hill kids go Im sure some Tubby bashers will find a way to blame that one on Tubbys Recruiting also!:p

For the life of me I dont know why people are always putting down Bradley, and giving Jasper so much credit. If Bradley or any other player would do what Jasper does sometimes, alot of you would be all over him. Jasper does some good things, but he also does alot of bad and stupid things. There were so many times today that the guy guarding him had Jasper loosing the ball, I know he just completely picked him a few times. Then both he and Bradley got the ball just completely stripped from them, but people only talk about that with Bradley and not Jasper. Yeah Jasper did a heck of a job getting back to block that shot, but it should never get stolen like that from him at the end of the game...

 

I know your usually someone who dont say stuff about Bradley much, but I just was using your post to respond my thoughts on about what alot of people say...

 

I love Bradley as a player. I wasn't meaning to down him as in I don't like him, I just meant to say that he had a bad day today. He was 2-9 from the field at one point - just not like him, that's all.

As far as the Oak Hill kids go Im sure some Tubby bashers will find a way to blame that one on Tubbys Recruiting also!:p

 

I'm not really a Tubby hater, but its doesn't really matter anyways - we're not recruiting anyone on the Oak Hill team anyways.

There is no excuse for booing Sheray Thomas. What has he ever done to deserved to be boo'd? Nothing.

IF you want to boo Tubby, boo him all you want, he is the one making the money.

Sheray Thomas is only guilty of two things, one, saying yes to a scholarship offer and, two, going into the game when asked.

Sure, he is not that good of a player, but Tubby is the one who has brought him here and has not gotten enough talent to play someone over him.

Inexcusable to boo him personally.

You can boo the overall play, but not the individual in the college game, in my opinion.

 

I didn't know that he was booed at the game. For the record, I would not have booed him if I'd been in attendance today.

I'm not really a Tubby hater, but its doesn't really matter anyways - we're not recruiting anyone on the Oak Hill team anyways.

Good thing were not! If we were are chances of signing would be slim!;)

Was at the game and though it was ugly and painful to watch. Unfortunately for UK not many of the older players play with much basketball IQ. Some of it is coaching, but a lot is that they are not smart basketball players.

 

UK needs to work on backdoor cuts when teams are pressuring the passing lanes. They need to realize when they have a 5'8 player guarding a 6'6 player on every occasion and take advantage of it. I believe that when you have a small quicker guarding Jasper, leave the 4 player back to set a pick halfway up the court to take some pressure off of him.

 

Crawford and Bradley have to help rebound on the defensive end. Morris and Perry were often fighting off 4 players for the ball. I was glad that Thomas got the big rebound. If he would give 15 minutes of tough hard play like that a game he would give this team a big boost.

 

Thought Perry Stephenson gave the Cats good minutes in the first half. Needs to make free throws.

Did anyone notice how close UK came to losing their streak of more than 600 consecutive games with a 3-pointer? Meeks hit one 3-pointer to keep the streak alive. They were 1-11 for 9.1%.

For the life of me I dont know why people are always putting down Bradley, and giving Jasper so much credit. If Bradley or any other player would do what Jasper does sometimes, alot of you would be all over him. Jasper does some good things, but he also does alot of bad and stupid things. There were so many times today that the guy guarding him had Jasper loosing the ball, I know he just completely picked him a few times. Then both he and Bradley got the ball just completely stripped from them, but people only talk about that with Bradley and not Jasper. Yeah Jasper did a heck of a job getting back to block that shot, but it should never get stolen like that from him at the end of the game...

 

I know your usually someone who dont say stuff about Bradley much, but I just was using your post to respond my thoughts on about what alot of people say...

 

After reading this, I checked the stats out and Jasper had 5 assists, 5 turnovers, 2 points, and 4 rebounds. Not as good as it appeared with his flashy passes to Morris and Perry on the block. I missed the boat on that one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.