COVID-19 Hope

hoops5

Remember that movie “The Poseidon Adventure”? A line from the theme song, “There’s got to be a morning after...”, keeps running through my head.

So I’m looking for some hope, positives, in this mess.

1. Air pollution levels in quarantined cities in China and Italy have plummeted.

2. Researchers say that antibodies from recovered COVID patients can help protect those at risk.

3.In South Korea, recoveries are outnumbering new infections.

4. China is closing temporary hospitals and reopening parks!!!

5. Canals and waterways in Venice, Italy are cleaner than ever.

What else. Let’s share some hope?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are seeing much more of our adult children and getting more family time.

This is the first major crisis since 9/11. When these shake ups happen it reminds us that we need to be kinder to each other. I have seen many acts of kindness and looking out for each other on TV and in my own community as well.

Not sure if this should be categorized under "Hope" but I am strongly considering adopting a puppy. My wife has been hell bent on this for some time, especially now that we bought a house. She is working from home for the foreseeable future, so she would be around to potty train and do all of that. I am always resistant to this type of change since we do travel quite a bit and I've always had terrible guilt about leaving dogs home alone during the day. My job does allow me to go home for lunch most days of the week. I know I would love it, but it is a kid you can't take anywhere and I know will lose at sometime. But it would undoubtedly bring about some joy...

Should we do this?

@bugatti, I never had a dog before my first and now I have two. Love them to pieces. I personally think they make this whole quarantine thing a little easier. They don't care about anything going on with this virus, they are just happy to play, cuddle and go on walks. They are a bright spot in being stuck at home.

Not sure if this should be categorized under "Hope" but I am strongly considering adopting a puppy. My wife has been hell bent on this for some time, especially now that we bought a house. She is working from home for the foreseeable future, so she would be around to potty train and do all of that. I am always resistant to this type of change since we do travel quite a bit and I've always had terrible guilt about leaving dogs home alone during the day. My job does allow me to go home for lunch most days of the week. I know I would love it, but it is a kid you can't take anywhere and I know will lose at sometime. But it would undoubtedly bring about some joy...

Should we do this?

Yes! And name her Corona!

Yes! And name her Corona!

I considered that or Covid, but worry that might be a bit insensitive if mass causalities come out of this thing. Imagine going to a dinner party, "Oh, hey! Mike tells me you have a dog. What's its name?"

"Covid."

"I see. Well, my mother died because of COVID-19, so I am thrilled you decided to make light of that." ** splashes wine into face **

@bugatti, I never had a dog before my first and now I have two. Love them to pieces. I personally think they make this whole quarantine thing a little easier. They don't care about anything going on with this virus, they are just happy to play, cuddle and go on walks. They are a bright spot in being stuck at home.

I had dogs growing up and they were awesome. It is nothing more than selfishness at this point.

Our dog isn't used to three of us being home all day with him. He's a ham and jealous of any attention my wife gives my daughter or I. So he's going 100 mph, wanting to play fetch or "killing" his stuffed toys...anything to get attention. Poor little fellow is completely wore out by mid-afternoon. :lol2:

Sad thing is he and I usually have play time every day, now he ignores me for his first and only real love...my wife.

I considered that or Covid, but worry that might be a bit insensitive if mass causalities come out of this thing. Imagine going to a dinner party, "Oh, hey! Mike tells me you have a dog. What's its name?"

"Covid."

"I see. Well, my mother died because of COVID-19, so I am thrilled you decided to make light of that." ** splashes wine into face **

Excellent point.

I feel more hopeful now that private industry is coming on board, thanks in some cases to the lessening of federal regulations, to produce products that we need to fight and cope with the virus and its effects. Americans like to "do," not passively retreat, when faced with a crisis. I think this helps is some way. It keeps people employed, too.

Should we do this?

No.