Highlands 44 Newport Central Catholic 41 (36th District Championship)

What was the play?

Highlands had the possession to start the 2nd half. Highlands setup a Offense on NCC’s end of the Court. Why NCC didn’t pickup on it is beyond me. When the Highlands player inbounds the Ball she threw it backcourt. Well in reality it was Highlands Front court and Piper Macke dribbled it in uncontested. So basically Highlands tricked NCC into thinking that they were going the other direction. Brilliant! Does that make sense? I can’t explain it any other way.

Highlands had the possession to start the 2nd half. Highlands setup a Offense on NCC’s end of the Court. Why NCC didn’t pickup on it is beyond me. When the Highlands player inbounds the Ball she threw it backcourt. Well in reality it was Highlands Front court and Piper Macke dribbled it in uncontested. So basically Highlands tricked NCC into thinking that they were going the other direction. Brilliant! Does that make sense? I can’t explain it any other way.

That is awesome. Great play by Coach Richey.

This play is great. Love it. I saw an official ruin it this year. It was set up and official yelled at the defense that they were on wrong side and offense was going that way and delayed handing ball in so they could move to correct end. Coach was not happy. This was varsity game in 9th.

I've seen this play tried many times over the last few years but rarely has it worked. Surprised it got by Coach Meyer and NCC.

Someone on the bench was taking a nap! Lol

Honestly think they were so caught up in getting there team situated that they just flat out overlooked it.

Like the way Ralph Meyer coaches his team. Expects a lot from them and more often than not he gets it.

He learned a lot from dad (Ralph)! Fine coaches and good guys.