Boone County schools all getting turf fields

colonel-fan

23 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Not that there's anything wrong with this look...but the new field looks significantly better, if you ask me.

I think the black on the outside makes a huge difference. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Evuyn5cXcAYiEDv?format=jpg&name=large

I’m really pumped for the Boone Co. schools to get these fields. Conner and Cooper especially... their fields were rough... to put it nicely. Not to mention it helps so many other athletic programs other than football. I am sure the ADs are pumped too because not having to worry about weather is a huge help for scheduling. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

That is not Boone County blue. 

I've seen multiple shades of Boone County blue over the years. I'm guessing depending on how new the uniform or paint was. I would think there will be some fading of the turf due to weathering at some point. Either way, I like the look.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It looks better in that picture. It still looks too dark though. It could be my phone.

Here...I fiddled around with the eyedropper color selection feature on PowerPoint and compared the original "Boone County Blue" as shown in the cover of the school's first yearbook, to the blue tones in the pictures from the tweet, as well as the blue tone from the picture I posted.

899084768_BCBlue1.jpg.70cc7c0608b7364134337f3bdcb2d8a7.jpg

789334441_BCBlue2.jpg.ee550e9ac2ae7e81839105ab38c670d1.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Looks pretty close to it to me...

EwsstX5VoAET1Sv.thumb.jpg.bc309adf4c5066c14054fa7d67c250aa.jpg

It looks much better here than in the initial post. Will it have writing in the end zone? BOONE in white outlined in black would be a good look on that blue.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here...I fiddled around with the eyedropper color selection feature on PowerPoint and compared the original "Boone County Blue" as shown in the cover of the school's first yearbook, to the blue tones in the pictures from the tweet, as well as the blue tone from the picture I posted.

899084768_BCBlue1.jpg.70cc7c0608b7364134337f3bdcb2d8a7.jpg

789334441_BCBlue2.jpg.ee550e9ac2ae7e81839105ab38c670d1.jpg

Same hue but a different tone? I think they are both the same "color." The old BoCo blue looks like it has some neutral gray added. I remember some old unis that were more "Baby Blue." 😬

I kinda like the new "Electric Rebel Blue."