Boone County schools all getting turf fields

colonel-fan

@KY Outsider the original announcement said that Ryle's turf surface replacement was planned the 2021 fall sports season, and then the new turf fields for Boone, Conner and Cooper had a completion goal of the 2022 fall sports season.

So just kind of assuming from that, I figured Ryle would be going back in with the design they already have (although they may well end up going with contrasting turf color every 5 yards since that is very "in" right now).

I'm also optimistically guessing that with the mockups out already in 2020, there's a good chance that they're going to do better than 2022 fall sports season for the other three stadiums.

58 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@KY Outsider the original announcement said that Ryle's turf surface replacement was planned the 2021 fall sports season, and then the new turf fields for Boone, Conner and Cooper had a completion goal of the 2022 fall sports season.

So just kind of assuming from that, I figured Ryle would be going back in with the design they already have (although they may well end up going with contrasting turf color every 5 yards since that is very "in" right now).

I'm also optimistically guessing that with the mockups out already in 2020, there's a good chance that they're going to do better than 2022 fall sports season for the other three stadiums.

The contrasting turf every 5 yards is a good look. The Raider head at Ryle is nice, I thought they might go with a Pirate Ship since the buzz phrase is Burn The Ships these days.

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I am almost positive that it is planned for all the fields to have field turf before the start of next season. Which a few people also said that earlier in this thread. So I think the announcement you read originally from the youth association, had their information wrong in that announcement. 

9 minutes ago, punttheball said:

Which company is doing the turf install for the 4 Boone County High Schools?

Motz seems to be most used turf company in our area???

I don't know for certain, but I would guess Motz is more than likely the company. They're a major national player in the sport turf market, but they're also local to Cincinnati, so they aren't going to be figuring in travel per diem costs with their bid, so their cost is probably lowest to do the Boone County schools.

When I was still a project manager with a GC up in Cincy I did do fields for a couple of local schools where Motz wasn't the low bidder, though, so it's not necessarily an automatic lock that they get the job.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't know for certain, but I would guess Motz is more than likely the company. They're a major national player in the sport turf market, but they're also local to Cincinnati, so they aren't going to be figuring in travel per diem costs with their bid, so their cost is probably lowest to do the Boone County schools.

When I was still a project manager with a GC up in Cincy I did do fields for a couple of local schools where Motz wasn't the low bidder, though, so it's not necessarily an automatic lock that they get the job.

In my very limited experience with Motz, they have been great.

Who are some other companies that you have experience with and how would you rate their product and service compared to Motz?

1 hour ago, punttheball said:

In my very limited experience with Motz, they have been great.

Who are some other companies that you have experience with and how would you rate their product and service compared to Motz?

Motz, FieldTurf, AstroTurf, and Matrix Turf are the ones that come to mind. I would say Motz is every bit as capable and quality as the others. They do plenty of major jobs...Paul Brown, the Ravens Stadium, Lucas Oil Stadium, Great American, the Dolphins training facility. They're one of the "big boys" in the industry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that it looks like they are going to keep the format of all 4 fields basically the same with block letters in the endzone, alternating shades of green turf every 5 yards, and a school logo at the 50.  Very clean look.

Congrats to these Boone County high schools and a big THANK YOU to the auditor who discovered the error and single-handedly delivered over $16M to a district desperately in need of many, many upgrades.

-CardinalsFan

• Like 1