Rodriguez To Alabama

gametime

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure that the Money is a huge factor. But this guy has been successful at West Virginia and perhaps wants a new challenge. I may be totally off base but thats just my thoughts. I know when Im winning on NCAA 07 I get bored, and want to switch teams ( A great scenario, I know. ) But just a thought. And you cant get a more tradition filled program than Bama. I think its a Win Win situation.

Glad Kentucky has a year before they play the Tide,

Yoter

I wouldn't be so convinced that this will work out.

RR with Slaton and White, is a great coach. Without them he a good coach. It took him a few years to get the ball rolling in WVU by getting the right style of players, currently at Alabama the players aren't that style, it will take a few years to do so. Will the Crimson Tide be willing to wait for the success, I doubt it, not at that salary.

I don't want to knock WVA at all, but if go to a kids house his Daddy will know more about Bama than WVA. I hate having to take a coach away from a school, but any Head Coach we take is leaving someone. I had some things about CRR and one thing was...last year against the Cards against the Neers they were down 28-7 or something like that, their starting QB goes down and CRR puts in Pat White, and the rest is history. My question would be, why did he wait until an injury to make that move? If the starting QB stays in the Neers probaby lost that game.

We have fifteen redshirts that are coming back and 14 verbals so lets see what will happen.

The pressure of SEC coaching, beating Auburn and trying to follow the Bear legacy, or a little of all above and more.

Has to be tremendous pressure, similar to what John Cooper went through at OSU.

All of the above, which is magnified by the rabid fan base there. Think UK basketball and multiply by five.

I didn't see a post absolutely confirming this but from what I just heard on espn's cold pizza program the Bama/Rodriquez hire is official. I wish him good luck and much sucsess at what is argualbly one of the best coaching jobs (imo) in the country. Alabama's Tradition, 21 SEC titles, 12 national Titles, Bama DOUBLES his salary at WVU with additional incentives, Bama pays WVU his buyout of 2mil. Imo he will have a much bettrer chance for a NC at Bama than WVU. JMO

That kind of pressure, can consume a great man/coach.

Time will tell on Rodriquez.

:thumb: I agree strike, the only one that imo handled that kind of pressure (shadow of the Bear) at Bama was G. Stallings. This position to me is a mirror of the U.K. basketball coaching job. Imo it is really showing on OTS at U.K. and very little of the critisizm on him is deserved. I wish coach rod all the best at Bama.