Rodriguez To Alabama

gametime

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a rule that prohibits coaches talking with other schools about a new job until the season is completed with his present school. I think a coach owes it to his players to coach them through a bowl game if their school is playing. This would help solve the decision making and ease the turmoil that goes with it. The old days of loyality is long gone and has been surpassed by the almighty $. (sorry GT I couldn't help it:lol: it did feel kind of nice though:D

ESPN now reporting that he is staying...

Wise move, IMO. Did he really want the job, or was this flirtation with Bama simply a means to increase his salary. I've got to think that being at WVU gives him an easier road to BCS appearances. Big East is improving but its tough to get that big time bowl with AUB, LSU, & ARK on the schedule every year.

Wise move, IMO. Did he really want the job, or was this flirtation with Bama simply a means to increase his salary. I've got to think that being at WVU gives him an easier road to BCS appearances. Big East is improving but its tough to get that big time bowl with AUB, LSU, & ARK on the schedule every year.
I heard, read his salary doubled from $1mil to $2mi....that has to be a strong consideration, coupled with the SEC and recruiting areas, not to mention the tradition of 'Bama.

There should be a rule that prohibits coaches talking with other schools about a new job until the season is completed with his present school. I think a coach owes it to his players to coach them through a bowl game if their school is playing. This would help solve the decision making and ease the turmoil that goes with it. The old days of loyality is long gone and has been surpassed by the almighty $. (sorry GT I couldn't help it:lol: it did feel kind of nice though:D

They have to do ONE simple thing to make that work. Move the dead period to now, and allow recruiting after the Bowls. As it stands, if you force them into a dead period after the Bowls, teams will do all they can to get a coach in place to recruit in December...

I would say he used it for leverage... and good for him, we all would have done the same thing.

I agree on all points. He is in a good situation to where he can realistically compete for, at the least, a BCS bowl game (if not nat'l title) every season in Morgantown. A lot more difficult at 'Bama.