Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 50 Trinity 43

Featured Replies

  • Author

Despite facing a largely rebuilt Trinity squad, this was a big win for the Tomcats. They battled through an uncharacteristic off-night shooting the ball and finished well below their season scoring average, but still managed to grind out a win over a top notch program.

Trinity's defense is legit and is what led me to ask the question during their game with St. Xavier whether they play a slow it down style of game. I expected they did but was told they aren't slow. That said, they remind me a lot of Virginia at the college level, they're not slow, but try to slow the game down to their advantage, which is good coaching on their part, seems to be what will work best for them this season.

 

That said Ashland held them to one of their lowest point totals of the season but was still lucky to win. Ashland wasn't hitting shots like they have throughout the season and I credit that to Trinity's defense. Ashland still beat them at their style of game though, which says a lot for Ashland as well, imo.

Trinity was outscored 15-7 in the 4th. I'm hopeful the Rocks are learning and will be able to beat some good teams later in the season.

Saw Ashland for the first time tonight. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I came away big time disappointed. Did I pick the wrong night to go watch them?

Yes.

Saw Ashland for the first time tonight. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I came away big time disappointed. Did I pick the wrong night to go watch them?

 

Probably the worst game they’ve played all year but they still won by 7. I’ve seen them twice and watched them on streaming a few times, plus followed their radio radio broadcast. They didn’t shoot the ball tonight like they’re capable. Very uncharacteristic of their team. That’s what makes them so dangerous. Every player is a 3 point threat or a drive to the basket threat. And they move the ball so well that’s it’s difficult to keep them from getting open looks.

The one area where I thought they did play well tonight was defensively.

Excellent points on this thread. Blazer did not play their best game by a mile. Still beat a team with great discipline by 7. Also, Blazer gritted one out and won with terrific 4th quarter defense. Trinity will get better, would not want to draw them in a region...

Excellent points on this thread. Blazer did not play their best game by a mile. Still beat a team with great discipline by 7. Also, Blazer gritted one out and won with terrific 4th quarter defense. Trinity will get better, would not want to draw them in a region...

 

I saw Trinity play in December, they actually looks much better than they did against Ashland. I just don't see Trinity be much of a force in the 7th region this year, this is not the same team of years past. Seeded 11th out of the 16 team field in the LIT.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.