Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 71 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

For what it is worth Utah lost by 28 today to San Diego State 80-52.

 

And they lost earlier by 22 at Coastal Carolina.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know I have to give you an O-H! When else will our teams ever sort of play lol? Although, I was on your side in this one. OSU basketball being good is strange.

I’m right there with you. I’m glad this isn’t an annual occurrence. Just feels weird.

I’m just not sure if this team has it to be a title contender. They show signs but they can’t shoot and they play with no urgency. It a good chance they go into conference play with 4 losses and I think when it’s all said and done they are a 10 loss team.

10 losses or less is all that matters. Not sure why people get so worked up about it. 68 damn teams make the tournament. 10 losses for UK and they are a 4-7 seed. They’re fine.

Man college basketball is really bad this year. Total opposite of the college football season where we had 3 dominant teams. I don’t think anyone is feeling super good about their team being a title contender at this point and we haven’t even started conference play. Crazy.

Sestina being the best player on a team full of 4/5 stars, is one of life’s mysteries.

 

The guards can play. Cameras didn't do Maxey justice, there were times he would run under the basket and go sideline to sideline 4 or 5 times a possession just trying to get open. Richard and Montgomery aren't improving. In turn it puts Cal in a tough position. If he wants to win now, sometimes he needs those two, if he wants a better shot at winning in March, Juzang, Brooks and Whitley need more minutes now.

I will say that I think Quickley may need a tighter leash. He's been a bit aggressive and lax with the ball the last few games. Others can use the exposure if he isn't going to play disciplined.

Sestina being the best player on a team full of 4/5 stars, is one of life’s mysteries.

 

He was great today and hopefully this is the start of him being a big part. Because even before his injury he really wasn’t doing that to well and was struggling overall. Today he played great.

You know I have to give you an O-H! When else will our teams ever sort of play lol? Although, I was on your side in this one. OSU basketball being good is strange.

 

Ha for sure. OSU has a really good team this year. They play hard, good defense and have some play makers. Which besides for one bad game, they have been steam rolling people. So overall the list sucks, but UK was right in it even while being in foul trouble and not really still playing their best at all.

 

Which under Cal he usually does get them to be their best by February and March. However, this is a year that they probably will end up a 4 seed or so and will have to upset teams along the way like 2011. Which is very possible since this year appears to be wide open.

The guards can play. Cameras didn't do Maxey justice, there were times he would run under the basket and go sideline to sideline 4 or 5 times a possession just trying to get open. Richard and Montgomery aren't improving. In turn it puts Cal in a tough position. If he wants to win now, sometimes he needs those two, if he wants a better shot at winning in March, Juzang, Brooks and Whitley need more minutes now.

 

I think Richards has improved quite a bit. Today he was just in foul trouble with two of his fouls today being very questionable to say the least. Now Montgomery he has to figure it out.

 

I think Juzang and Brooks need the minutes more that Whitley. Whitley hasn’t really showed much at all this year and I am not sure where in his game that fits this year.

 

I will say this about Cal and one thing I have never liked. Usually Cal always has a much shorter leash for guys who are suppose to be shooters. One mistake and they are usually pulled. Which kind of prevents shooters from ever getting into the rhythm of the game. I feel Juzang could really help. He needs to be given a chance to play through mistakes though imo.

Matt Jones:

 

This is the most experience Calipari has had since 2015.

 

One and Done has nothing to do with this team issues with 5 upperclassmen out of top 8 players.

Whitney was expected to be the "Go to guy" this season, so far he's been a non factor. Kid just doesn't seem to be what most thought he was.

 

Defense was supposed to be a strong suit and it may be at some point, but right now other teams are just getting too many open shots. There seems to be a defensive breakdown by one player on every possesion.

 

#1 issue, these guys couldn't score in a cathouse with $100 bills taped to their foreheads. They just can't shoot outside or finish when inside.

I sleep poorly enough as it is without having the entirety of those last two sentences rattling around in my head.

I sleep poorly enough as it is without having the entirety of those last two sentences rattling around in my head.

 

Ha!

Maybe it's because of heightened expectations, but I find this this UK team hard to watch. I hope they get better and play smarter.

I will say that I think Quickley may need a tighter leash. He's been a bit aggressive and lax with the ball the last few games. Others can use the exposure if he isn't going to play disciplined.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.