Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 71 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

Final tough loss for the Cats played hard but did not shoot very well again and made to many fouls and a couple of tough calls just will not beat a top 5 team. Now on to the Cards next Saturday to avoid 3 straight losses.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK fans get a sneak peek at their next coach. Holtmann can flat out coach, the Kentucky brand boost is gonna make for a heck of a run at some point.

UK fans get a sneak peek at their next coach. Holtmann can flat out coach, the Kentucky brand boost is gonna make for a heck of a run at some point.

 

Will Holtman will still be at OSU in 10 years when Cal retires?

  • Author

Ohio State has their best team in several years and Holtmann is a excellent coach I think the Big 10 is a two team rave if Michigan State gets healthy but I really think the Buckeyes are a little better.

I’m just not sure if this team has it to be a title contender. They show signs but they can’t shoot and they play with no urgency. It a good chance they go into conference play with 4 losses and I think when it’s all said and done they are a 10 loss team.

I think Cal thought the guards would lead the way this year. So far besides Hagans that has not happened. Great to see Sestina get it going today, but I know I keep saying this. However, IMO they have to find away to make Montgomery be more of a focal point or more involved. I still think he has the most potential on this team, but they need to almost force him to use it.

 

Then at end of games right now this team really has no real plan. They seem to force up shots. They have guys who want to take the shot, which is great that they aren’t afraid to take it. However, they can not force the shots.

I think Cal thought the guards would lead the way this year. So far besides Hagans that has not happened. Great to see Sestina get it going today, but I know I keep saying this. However, IMO they have to find away to make Montgomery be more of a focal point or more involved. I still think he has the most potential on this team, but they need to almost force him to use it.

 

Then at end of games right now this team really has no real plan. They seem to force up shots. They have guys who want to take the shot, which is great that they aren’t afraid to take it. However, they can not force the shots.

 

You know I have to give you an O-H! When else will our teams ever sort of play lol? Although, I was on your side in this one. OSU basketball being good is strange.

Sestina being the best player on a team full of 4/5 stars, is one of life’s mysteries.

Whitney was expected to be the "Go to guy" this season, so far he's been a non factor. Kid just doesn't seem to be what most thought he was.

 

Defense was supposed to be a strong suit and it may be at some point, but right now other teams are just getting too many open shots. There seems to be a defensive breakdown by one player on every possesion.

 

#1 issue, these guys couldn't score in a cathouse with $100 bills taped to their foreheads. They just can't shoot outside or finish when inside.

UK fans get a sneak peek at their next coach. Holtmann can flat out coach, the Kentucky brand boost is gonna make for a heck of a run at some point.

 

Exactly what I said to my wife. The guy is a really good coach. Those two teams will be in the mix in March.

  • Author

Last 2 games have shot 41% and 11% from 3 in the Utah game and 42% and 30% today. Along with only 61% from the line today.

Sestina being the best player on a team full of 4/5 stars, is one of life’s mysteries.

 

That's because he's been coached for a few years, is more mature, and is not an AAU wonder. They need 2 or 3 guys like him to keep the young guys calm and under control.

  • Author

For what it is worth Utah lost by 28 today to San Diego State 80-52.

I’m just not sure if this team has it to be a title contender. They show signs but they can’t shoot and they play with no urgency. It a good chance they go into conference play with 4 losses and I think when it’s all said and done they are a 10 loss team.

 

And all that matters is where they are in MARCH.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.