Just To Make Sure I'm Clear

gametime

:lol: I guess I should ask him before I post for now on.

Been watching football all my life, very entertaining game between two very good teams. If you couldn't see that, like I said, take the glasses off.

I heard somewhere that tears in your eyes makes your vision a little blurry.:sssh:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best game yesterday was NOT a Conference Cash Cow game. Thanks for playing...

Thanks for playing what? Did I say... UF/Ark was the best game yesterday? Nope. Was I (or you) complaining that we got to see 2 Top 10 teams play last night? I sure wasn't... could care less about the money... good football is good football.

Thanks for playing what? Did I say... UF/Ark was the best game yesterday? Nope. Was I (or you) complaining that we got to see 2 Top 10 teams play last night? I sure wasn't... could care less about the money... good football is good football.

If you can't see what just happened, I don't know what to tell you. It's all about the money, and there's no way around it. It's the ONLY reason we have this system. To see so many votes change tells me ONE thing. There was no way the Big 11 was going to cash that check. Two best teams be "darn"ed. If it can't be two teams from one Conference put it in the rules. At that point I have no beef...

:lol: I guess I should ask him before I post for now on.

Been watching football all my life, very entertaining game between two very good teams. If you couldn't see that, like I said, take the glasses off.

Very funny. Obviously, GT has seen SK and Scott play against each other, but seriously nice joke.:rolleyes:

And I won't agree it was entertaining. Heck, I get great entertainment out of watching the pewee kids play. That doesn't make it a good, or well played, game.

If you can't see what just happened, I don't know what to tell you. It's all about the money, and there's no way around it. It's the ONLY reason we have this system. To see so many votes change tells me ONE thing. There was no way the Big 11 was going to cash that check. Two best teams be "darn"ed. If it can't be two teams from one Conference put it in the rules. At that point I have no beef...

:thumb: But we sure do have a lot of blind people here in SEC country.

They may have to look at this.

I can see the "rematch" issue being in play.

However, I think UM being off for two weeks led to the "out of sight, out of mind" issue.

And I think that you hit the nail on the head. If the OSU/UM game was played this weekend, much like the UCLA/USC game, this never happens. Combine that with a lot of the anti-rematch sentiment, the president of the SEC being the head of the BCS, throw in a sprinkle of "you already had your shot" and you now know how the best 2 teams didn't end up in the title game.

:thumb: But we sure do have a lot of blind people here in SEC country.

Had Michigan been granted the spot, I wouldn't be too upset. I can see arguments for both sides (clearly you can't). Michigan was definitely hurt by not playing the last two weeks. It is what it is, hard to get too worked up over it.

I'd hate to see the year that two SEC teams go undefeated and meet in the SEC Title Game...

Tyranny! Burn them at the stake! They all hate us! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously guys, this is going to happen again at some point. Either write a "conference champ" clause in or go to the playoffs. But don't feed me water and tell me its wine.

Had Michigan been granted the spot, I wouldn't be too upset. I can see arguments for both sides (clearly you can't). Michigan was definitely hurt by not playing the last two weeks. It is what it is, hard to get too worked up over it.

I can see the argument from UF. I'd even buy it if they had been ranked ahead of UM at any point but until now. But I know a rat when I smell it, and when magically 33 votes change after a USC loss, I smell a rat. Having family that attended UM, myself included, season tickets, over 80 years of UM tradition in my family, it does tend to work me up a bit. On a much lighter note, I talked to my mom tonight, and told her the sad news. She said, don't tell your father, you remember what happened after the OSU game? Of course my dad got so angry he fainted after the OSU game, so it was quite funny. :lol: Fortunately nothing too serious, thank god. Just some skyrocketing blood pressure that he's know about for a while.

Tyranny! Burn them at the stake! They all hate us! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously guys, this is going to happen again at some point. Either write a "conference champ" clause in or go to the playoffs. But don't feed me water and tell me its wine.

And that's my only beef on this. Add a Conference Champ clause, and I'm good. Without it, I have a hard time buying they bag of crap they lit on :fire: on my front step tonight...