Bac2369

Who wins?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone reminded me last night, doesn't Mayfield often like to hit a trick.play to open a game like this? A HB pass, flea flicker, wildcat pass to the qb...just something to get a quick strike in before the other team can get settled in.

Somerset got caught last week on the first play of the game. I think they come out more focused this week.

Not that I really remember. It's happened before but definitely not a common occurrence. In my opinion CAL beat Mayfield last year because Mayfield tried to force the run the whole first half and their line was far superior to ours. We didn't go to the air in bunches until the 2nd half really and actually won the second half but were down 2 TDs at halftime so it was too little too late. CAL was also just the slightly better team.

But in my opinion Mayfield is historically the opposite of what you stated. Super conservative for at least the first quarter of the championship game. All things change at some point though so maybe they come out slinging early.

The last two trips to Lexington Mayfield got in the hole early so I don't remember any trick plays. But they also had a two QB rotation and one was a much better runner than the other, and he was in the wildcat a significant amount. So that might be what you are referring to. I'm pumped too. Hoping the Cards win, but also excited to see them play a high caliber team. Somerset is going to be fun to watch.

Just passed Mayfield's team charter buses on the side of the road less than an hour outside of Mayfield. Obviously having some kind of trouble. All the kids were outside the bus standing in the grass. I don't know any details but hopefully nothing bad happened. And hopefully this doesn't throw them too off schedule and mess with their heads.

Going against Mayfield in December will usually make you look foolish, so my head says the Cards win title #13 today, but my heart's pulling for Somerset to finally get over the hump and win their first.

I'm opening myself up to being made a fool of here, but I woke up today feeling my heart a little more.