Class 5A Playoffs: #4 Bowling Green at #5 South Oldham

DevilMayCare

Who advances to the state semifinals?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the state semifinals?

I honestly would not be surprised at all to see either team win. My initial reaction says South based on home field advantage which should play a big factor for these long distance games, but I know better than to count out the Purples in November. With that said, I’m picking the Purples by a slight margin since they have a tougher SOS and seem more prepped for a deep run.

BBN,

You are a funny bird! In reviewing these posts, I noticed in post #6 you picked South 21-18 and then in post #44, you picked BG slightly. :lol2::lol2:

Nothing wrong with seeing this one as a close game, but I'm laughing at how you got here!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by bugatti

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Vito Tisdale play CB or safety? I was wondering that if he is a CB, would he get matched 1v1 with Ethan Bednarczyk so the defense can commit more resources to stopping the running game? Could he stop Ethan man up?

Just one of the match ups I hope to see tonight!

FB,

The answer to your question about Vito is yes. He will line up at both safety positions and both corner positions and both OLB positions. But I look for him to line up most on Benson tonight. I don't think BG looks to stop the talented WR, but do look to slow him down. Their other corners don't look overly imposing but are both tough and I'm expecting to compete well. If Vito can limit Benson's running in the triple option that leaves the rest of the front 7 to deal with Martin and the QB. That's what I'm looking for.

Just arrived in the South Oldham High Scho area from Bowling Green. Stopped in to Rooties for a pregame meal.

I wanted to get in before the Friday afternoon Louisville traffic.

Glad the rain has moved out. Looks like it might be a a little chilly so brought the winter gear with me.

Hopefully the field isn't too wet, but the roads and everything is dry now. Looking forward to the game. And my food getting to my table!! Save travels to all heading up.