Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The future of Bob Beatty

Featured Replies

OK, honestly like I said last night as a coach I would never leave a situation like Bob Beatty is in right now. I know there's pressure but wow he has a lot of talent coming back each season - especially in 2007!

 

But I heard it all day at the finals that he was finished. Two Louisville TV stations tonight speculated more that he was leaving, one radio station today said he was a candidate for a college job and one Rock fan told me tonight he had heard rumblings that a move was coming early next week.

 

The C-J says he's "weighing his options" (http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/SPORTS05/61201059) but he sure doesn't sound as convincing as I figured he would a day after. He says if he were a betting man that "yeah" he would be back but then goes on to talk about having the energy to do the job.

 

So true Rock fans what gives? Wouldn't the powers-to-be at the school try and sweeten the deal to keep him. I am sure coach Petrino can pitch in a few extra coins after he gets his BCS bonus tomorrow!

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should mention all of that. On our way home from the finals the posse all speculated that Coach Beatty was making a green power play with all this talk of leaving.

  • Author

Maybe he is. I just can't imagine he would want to retire with all the talent they have coming back. Like I said, he's a great coach. Good luck to him in whatever decision he might make.

I don't blame him one bit either. Coach Beatty could make a lot of money if he jumped ship.

I for one, hope he doesn't leave. I dont think he will. However, with that said, if Beatty were to leave, do you think they could find a qualified replacement? I think so. :thumb:

Did Beatty retire in Missouri? Is he "double-dipping" by coaching at Trinity?

I for one, hope he doesn't leave. I dont think he will. However, with that said, if Beatty were to leave, do you think they could find a qualified replacement? I think so. :thumb:

 

This guy has done a great job there! An interesting aspect to that is this, he has only had 3 D1 players during his tenure, imagine that, 5 State titles in class 4A and only 3 D1 signees! Two things are certain, he can coach, and Trinity will find a quality replacement if he decides to go on.

1. Coach doesn't want more money (that is always sweet though) He wants to be happy where he is at and be able to run things right.(at least I think he is O.K. with the money thing)

2. He has coached in college and likes High school football much better.

3. I would hope that he sees the Trinity community as family .(the football coach at Trinity is always the 'big daddy')

4. The Hall of Fame is sure to be calling ! 5 in 7 years is incredible, even by TRINITY standards. The Pope should be dialed up about cannonizing Coach !

5. He has the respect of all the players and parents 100%. He always gets everything out of the kids because of his proper connection. All players, given that they are trying their absolute best , get the most out of their abilities.There is nothing more you could want in a coach than coach Beatty.

6. many Trinity fans will be jumping off the Kennedy bridge if he leaves. I for one, think that he understands the game of football better than any coach we have ever had. That is a huge statement when you consider who has coached at Trinity over the years. He just knows the game inside and out, and can flat out figure his opponent.

7. If he never won another title in ten years the Trinity faithful should still be forgiving for the last 2 he has won with inferior talent ! St.X last year and Male this year had far better athletes than Trinity. Yet Coach Beatty and his staff pulled it off. Having a kid on these last two teams makes me even more grateful I guess. We are all still walking on air !

I for one, hope he doesn't leave. I dont think he will. However, with that said, if Beatty were to leave, do you think they could find a qualified replacement? I think so. :thumb:

 

 

T will always find the next bext thing as far as coach. If Beatty goes, I vote Coach Cov.

one radio station today said he was a candidate for a college job

Doesn't he coach one now? :lol:

I guess we can put this subject to rest. Look for Bob on the Trinity sideline again next year.:thumb:

How much was his raise?

I don't know that he did. But if he did, he is worth every penny. He is the best coach in Jefferson County year in and year out by far. But you already knew that.

I honestly DO think that Bob Beatty is a fine coach, as fine a coach as there is in this area! Please, please do not make it out to be an extraordinary feat that he wins as much as he does at a school like Trinity. He ought to win!!! I think WE ALL can agree that Trinity is not at a loss for much of ANYTHING!!! They DO have some of the best Alumni, facilities, football tradition and areas to draw prospective students from. I AM one of the few who really thinks there are a lot of coaches who could be just as successful there as Beatty has been. Many have done very well at the schools they coach but just do not get over "the hump" and win the games head to head all the time. They just need to keep working harder and nope that they can get that 1-2 wins that CAN turn the tables. I am SURE that I will be blasted for this comment but that is my opinion and I AM entitled to it.

I agree. Beatty is certainly a good coach, but I suspect that a lot of coaches could win at Trinity.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.