The future of Bob Beatty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sound easy, doesn't it? Try to get football savy players out of a school with Performing Artists as the majority of your "male" population. I have seen players come to games LATE because of All-State band competitions and interviews for various programs. I know this sort of thing happens at most schools, it just seems to happen ALOT at certain schools. In addition to this, there are always 12-15 kids who come out for football as a freshman or sophomore and never knew how to adjust a chinstrap or put on shoulder pads. Heck, I joke with some of the new players by telling them that their tailbone pad is actually a nose pad. Half them do not know any better. I may be totally wrong but I would venture to say there are very few IF ANY players at St.X OR Trinity who have never played full contact football before going out for the school teams there. I am fairly sure that most of the (NON Big 3 schools) have the same or similar experiences. By having 70-100+ freshmen players, that in itself would deter the inexperienced player from "giving it a shot" as a freshman (just to have something to do or add to a college resume).

We do what we can and have had several players who did try football for the first time as a freshman go on to be starters and huge contributors. This was especially true this year with a starting WR & DT and reserve LB. None of the three played before High School but played well for us this year and played KEY roles.

I can't think of anyone my year that didn't know anything about football before they played at Manual.:sssh:

Times are a changing as they say! I DO find it hard to believe that you did not have anyone on your team (while at Manual) who did not play until high school. I will bet that you were just unaware of these individuals. As a coach, you would definitely be aware of the less experienced players. I may very well be wrong though. I have been wrong once before when I thought I was wrong but I was actually right.:D

Times are a changing as they say! I DO find it hard to believe that you did not have anyone on your team (while at Manual) who did not play until high school. I will bet that you were just unaware of these individuals. As a coach, you would definitely be aware of the less experienced players. I may very well be wrong though. I have been wrong once before when I thought I was wrong but I was actually right.:D
BigBull, I was talking about myself. I asked to wear #13 when I came out for Mayes, that's how much I knew.

So, he is the "greatest" in Trinity history.... I still think he needs a significant pay raise... How much did Dennis give him??? I would think that with all of the additional revenue football has brought in to Trinity for the last 6 years, with all the State Championships, tickets sold, sweatshirts etc... recruiting of students to boost enrollment etc., that a mere $20,000 raise would be a nice "Thank You Bob Beaty for all that you have done at Trinity"..... That would be a small drop in the bucket compared to the funds that have been generated on behalf of his efforts..... If you dont reward your best employees...... they leave. This case is no different.

So, he is the "greatest" in Trinity history.... I still think he needs a significant pay raise... How much did Dennis give him??? I would think that with all of the additional revenue football has brought in to Trinity for the last 6 years, with all the State Championships, tickets sold, sweatshirts etc... recruiting of students to boost enrollment etc., that a mere $20,000 raise would be a nice "Thank You Bob Beatyfor all that you have done at Trinity"..... That would be a small drop in the bucket compared to the funds that have been generated on behalf of his efforts..... If you dont reward your best employees...... they leave. This case is no different.

I would say that,"yes a $20,000 raise WOULD be VERY nice and a good reason for any coach to stay put at the high school level ANYWHERE!"

All personal information I do not think anyone wants to divulge on a message board though.

I was curious though how a coach at a school like St. X or Trinity is compensated. If there are any limits on what a quality coach can get paid versus what a teacher/coach can get paid at a public school. A question for another thread I suppose.

I would say that,"yes a $20,000 raise WOULD be VERY nice and a good reason for any coach to stay put at the high school level ANYWHERE!"

All personal information I do not think anyone wants to divulge on a message board though.

I was curious though how a coach at a school like St. X or Trinity is compensated. If there are any limits on what a quality coach can get paid versus what a teacher/coach can get paid at a public school. A question for another thread I suppose.

Coach Beatty is just like any other man, just trying to make a living. Most employers give annual increases to their employees if they produce and Trinity is no different. If you're curious on compensation at X or T, I can give you the schools telephone number and you can inquire.

Thanks for clearing the air Coach Beatty, I can see #18 coming soon.

Coach Beatty is just like any other man, just trying to make a living. Most employers give annual increases to their employees if they produce and Trinity is no different. If you're curious on compensation at X or T, I can give you the schools telephone number and you can inquire.

Thanks for clearing the air Coach Beatty, I can see #18 coming soon.

If you think this is an issue that I will lose sleep over, you are wrong. Just posed a question as many others do in this forum. I don't understand the defensiveness of your reply. I believe most working individuals KNOW that with a "job well done" comes a manner of compensation. I WAS NOT the one bringing that up, just asking about the post. Sorry if I offended ANYONE!