The future of Bob Beatty

Trinity has had runs similar to this before. Dennis Lampley won four titles in seven years. Trinity won four state titles under three different coaches from 1972-77.

Similar but not close to equal. This is the greatest run in the history of Trinity and 4-A.

5 Titles, a three peat and a repeat, and a runner-up in seven years.

I believe Beatty has one fewer title than Coach Glaser in only seven years of coaching?

Lampley's 4 title run from 88-94 had two bad years, 92 and 93, and a loss in the semifinals in 91.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar but not close to equal. This is the greatest run in the history of Trinity and 4-A.
True, but I also doubt that Trinity (which is as big as it's ever been, right?) has had as big an advantage in enrollment over the vast majority of 4A schools as it does now. That probably plays a role in this.

Lampley's 4 title run from 88-94 had two bad years, 92 and 93, and a loss in the semifinals in 91.
And Trinity had a second-round loss, at home, two years ago ... ;)

True, but I also doubt that Trinity (which is as big as it's ever been, right?) has had as big an advantage in enrollment over the vast majority of 4A schools as it does now. That probably plays a role in this.

I'm sure it does, but I remember a few years ago maybe 01-03, that the enrollment gap from X to Trinity was larger than the gap between Trinity and about 7 or 8 4-A schools.

And Trinity had a second-round loss, at home, two years ago ... ;)

and a State Finals' loss in 00 and a State Championship in 06.;)

Wherever Coach Beatty ends up he will do well. There is no doubt that his championship numbers during his tenure make him a hall of famer.

CentreRocks:

"I believe Beatty has one fewer title than Coach Glaser in only seven years of coaching?"

My friend, you hve stumbled into the wrong thread. This is the "The future of Bob Beatty" thread, not the "Bash Mike Glaser" thread. Try to focus, and try not to threadjack.:thumb:

Wherever Coach Beatty ends up he will do well. There is no doubt that his championship numbers during his tenure make him a hall of famer.

CentreRocks:

"I believe Beatty has one fewer title than Coach Glaser in only seven years of coaching?"

My friend, you hve stumbled into the wrong thread. This is the "The future of Bob Beatty" thread, not the "Bash Mike Glaser" thread. Try to focus, and try not to threadjack.:thumb:

Not a bash on Mike at all. Doesn't he lead active 4-A coaches in State Championships? When discussing Beatty's success, I maintain it is appropriate to compare him to the 4-A coaching leader in State Championships. How can anyone bash Mike Glaser for winning 6 state championships? You can bash him for his comments or off field antics, but not his success on the field.

The fact that Beatty has won 5 titles in 7 years, a task that took the 4-A coaching leader in State Championships 18 years (1982-1999) to accomplish truly shows what a remarkable and unequaled run this is for Beatty and Trinity.

Just back from Trinity. Coach Beatty made it clear that he no intention of leaving Trinity and the work to claim title #18 is set to begin. Good luck Coach and I was glad you cleared that up.

Was there a new Bentley in his parking spot? :lol:

Take what GR8BigBull says as a compliment. THS had 12 Titles before Coach Beaty arrived, and when/if the day comes that he decides to not coach THS, I have confidence that they will win more.

This is a credit to the school, the community, the parents, the players, the non-football playing students (are there any..;) ), and the alumni.

I've grown-up/played at the school with 1 less state championship than Trinity, and have had the pleasure of coaching at a HS in Louisville that was in it's 2nd year of football earlier in this decade, and I can't begin to tell you the inherent advantages that all those things I mentioned above provide. Few schools have them, and the rest sure would like them.

Exactly, I have never seen so many defensive replies to what was essentially a compliment to the school and entire athletic program. I never once said I had things figured out and that Beatty was anything but a great coach. Just stated an opinion and gets everybody's feathers ruffled....GEEZ! Aren't we a little touchy? I would feel like it was a slap in my face if I was a hard working young man and heard everyone talk about how Coach Beatty does so much more with so much less to work with, that is the insult.

That is EXACTLY why it is a tribute to the situation Trinity has built for its current student/athletes and alumni as well. Everyone should have an opportunity to play for such a high quality, Nationally Ranked Football team.

Why can't most other schools find the less talented athletes who are dedicated, loyal and football savvy? Most other schools already have the one pure athlete, if not more.

It sound easy, doesn't it? Try to get football savy players out of a school with Performing Artists as the majority of your "male" population. I have seen players come to games LATE because of All-State band competitions and interviews for various programs. I know this sort of thing happens at most schools, it just seems to happen ALOT at certain schools. In addition to this, there are always 12-15 kids who come out for football as a freshman or sophomore and never knew how to adjust a chinstrap or put on shoulder pads. Heck, I joke with some of the new players by telling them that their tailbone pad is actually a nose pad. Half them do not know any better. I may be totally wrong but I would venture to say there are very few IF ANY players at St.X OR Trinity who have never played full contact football before going out for the school teams there. I am fairly sure that most of the (NON Big 3 schools) have the same or similar experiences. By having 70-100+ freshmen players, that in itself would deter the inexperienced player from "giving it a shot" as a freshman (just to have something to do or add to a college resume).

We do what we can and have had several players who did try football for the first time as a freshman go on to be starters and huge contributors. This was especially true this year with a starting WR & DT and reserve LB. None of the three played before High School but played well for us this year and played KEY roles.