Class 3A Playoffs: #5 Mercer County vs. #7 Christian Academy of Louisville Prediction

zebraman

Who Wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Mercer County
    • Christian Academy of Louisville

This year, round 1 of the playoffs gives us something we have not seen for a while. We have a first round game that could just as easy be a semi-final game. Two of the top teams in 3A are battling early. These teams battled in an instant classic on Sept 27 at CAL with Mercer getting the win 45-42. There is little doubt that this game will be every bit of that intense. If you don't know where to go to watch a game, this is the one to pick.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CALmercer.png

Inviting all of the BGPreps Nation to Harrodsburg, KY, Alvis Johnson Stadium, Friday 7:30 pm, 11/8, for what will be the best 1st round playoff game in all 6 classes.

GPS = Pioneer Way

We have tremendous respect for Coach Hunter Cantwell and his CAL football team. Our two programs, along with DeSales, have been dubbed, "the Group of Death." Good company to be in. We certainly have the same respect for Coach Harold Davis and his DeSales Colts.

Our little town loves HS football and has done so for a long time. We have a great bermuda surface, now dormant but still thick. We have new lighting and new bleachers. We also have the best tailgate section that is right along the visitor's sideline.

Hope to see you there !

Mercer

33.7 points a game

16.9 points allowed a game

235.6 yards rushing a game

92.7 yards allowed a game

91.6 yards passing a game

144.6 yards allowed a game

CAL

33.4 points a game

23.2 points allowed a game

158.3 yards rushing a game

172.2 yards rushing allowed a game

195.5 yards passing a game

126.5 yards passing allowed a game

Both team are scoring about the same a game but Mercer is allowing less rushing a game. For Mercer to win I think they will need to stop CAL from passing the ball. Mercer run defense is solid but all year it has been the Passing defense. CAL looks to be pretty even on passing and rushing a game but will need to stop the running attack of Mercer. I know its hard to beat a team twice but I am going with Coach B and the Mercer Co. Titans in this one. Plus my son goes to Mercer and I leave in Mercer.

Mercer 38

CAL 35

I'd rather play Mercer next week. But somewhere something is telling me we'll see our old friends from Middletown. I think CAL will watch and see how DeSales dominated both LOS. I think they will slow the game down and run the ball effectively. That will set up the play action. They've been here done that before over the last several years, I think Mercer might come out a little tight. I'm gonna say CAL on the road by a touchdown.

I love all the picks for CAL. Mercer was a big underdog the 1st time against CAL and have been most of the season which is what they like. I also love that Desales would rather play Mercer. The 1st game was back and forth the whole game with Mercer up 10 with under 1 min to play. CAL is a great team and this one could go either way.

It's not a knock on Mercer. You just don't understand the DeSales/CAL rivalry.

It's all good. The reason doesn't matter. We just like that you would rather play Mercer. We hope we get the opportunity as we have to beat the 3 seed in our district and defending state champs in the 1st round of the playoffs first.

I was told 7 starters were out for CAL in first meeting but all are back now. If that is true, then that bodes well for CAL in this game.

I think it was more like 2. But if somebody could name 7 starters that didn’t play would love to hear their names.