1A State Championship: New Cath 37 Danville 34

Hearsay

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.. I will try and post some more in here. But there should be plenty posted in the pictures section (for this game and all the others) in the next week or two once they are all processed.

This game was exciting and one of the best comback games I have seen.

I know that its possible to buy a CD copy of the broadcast of this game from the KHSAA but will there be video copies made available for sale or will I have to break out the old VHS player and make a copy from ICN6's rebroadcast on Sunday

Nice article in the Enquirer this morning and a picture of Alex Pangallo holding up 2 fingers referencing back to back state championships. I am curious...he has a wristband with the initials FMP inscribed with a sharpie.....anybody want to share if you know what that means? A reference to a family member possibly? I know there is a long list of Pangallos who have gone through Newcath....

You may have seen the replay I haven't! All I know it was a classic game! Now Rookie if you are going to help this team out you need to work on your Post Play!:D
The announcers on the KHSAA internet broadcast at first said that the ball was touched but after looking at the replay they came to the conclusion that it wasn't . Unlike the last Danville touchdown in their amazing 3rd quarter where they equivocated about that replay .

Nice article in the Enquirer this morning and a picture of Alex Pangallo holding up 2 fingers referencing back to back state championships. I am curious...he has a wristband with the initials FMP inscribed with a sharpie.....anybody want to share if you know what that means? A reference to a family member possibly? I know there is a long list of Pangallos who have gone through Newcath....

I believe that those are his grandfathers (deceased) initials.

I was at this game and the next one. Wow. What a finish. Congrats to NCC on the Championship and the Admirals on a great season.

Be sure and mark your calendars for next years finals. Even if your team is not in a championship game, it is well worth the trip to watch these games. Despite the KHSAA, it is still young men competing at the highest level. A true gem for the high school football fan.

I just watched the highlights of the game on wkyt news. What a night Vickers had...Wow! This kid is for real! NCC my congrats again on a TEAM victory. When you were at Raceland a couple of weeks ago your players, coaches and fans conducted themselves with respect and class. This championship that you have won is well deserved.:thumb:

That was all done with a ankle sprain.....WOW!!!!!!

Wow is all I can say. After being there, seeing it with my own two eyes i am still having trouble believing what I just saw. I'm just as stunned as anyone else. Congrats to Danville on making the finals. They played tremendously.

Seems like this year NewCath got the ball to bounce there way, where as in years past the ball bounced the other way.

What an unbelievable game. This has to be one of if not the most exciting finals game in history.

That was all done with a ankle sprain.....WOW!!!!!!

:thumb: Also on the highlight of the Danville k/o return for a TD, there (wkyt's)camera caught an obvious clip/block in the back by a Danville player that was directly in front of an official :eek: . I am glad that "no call" didn't end up costing NCC the football game.

I thought the officiating was decent at best. I saw an obvious block in the back on Danville's long touchdown run right before half on #65 for NewCath right in front of the official, as well as the 3rd quarter TD pass for Danville in the 3rd Quarter when the player was clearly out of bounds. I know being a ref isn't easy, but if you get to the Finals you better be pretty darn good. I may be mistaken but doesn't the line judge have the recievers feet and the back judge the catch on a pass to the side of the endzone like that?

Maybe Coach Harp did an excellent job of getting in his head.