1A State Championship: New Cath 37 Danville 34

Hearsay

I left at the wrong time, i believe the score was 34-17 Danville, I thought i am gonna be the traffic. Got to the truck and hear roughing the kicker on danville and thought man i bet it will get good after that. Then a buddy a called me and said you shouldn't have left New Cath came back and won. I missed it but what i saw was a great game.

I was the same way, Redhound. I left with about 10:00 minutes to go in the 4th quarter (had to get to a basketball game). When I called a friend that had stayed behind to get the final score and he told me, I was amazed!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris definately got his foot in on the touchdown catch, so that was the right call. The roughing the kicker was the terrible call. BJ Strode got a hand on the ball therefore it wasn't roughing at all. But, it should not have came down to that.
Just saw the replay, if you look at the view from the endzone, the Danville player did not touch the ball, it's very obvious from that view.

Morris definately got his foot in on the touchdown catch, so that was the right call. The roughing the kicker was the terrible call. BJ Strode got a hand on the ball therefore it wasn't roughing at all. But, it should not have came down to that.

No one from Danville even came close to blocking the kick. There was a good two to three feet difference at least. The slow motion replay from the endzone showed the gap.

I heard this today on the TV and didn't realize it. Apparently Danville had a very good player out due to suspension. Kudos to Harp for sitting him, and kudos to the fans of Danville on here that have brought no mention of it as a reason they lost. That shows class as you can go to other threads and see excuse after excuse being thrown out.

I heard this today on the TV and didn't realize it. Apparently Danville had a very good player out due to suspension. Kudos to Harp for sitting him, and kudos to the fans of Danville on here that have brought no mention of it as a reason they lost. That shows class as you can go to other threads and see excuse after excuse being thrown out.

It was on here and in the Danville paper. You can read about it on their site. Go back to the day after the semi-finals. Hopefully kids learn their actions have consequences for teammates and do not make mistakes again.

What replays were you watching ?

The replay on Insight clearly shows that it was not blocked . The Danville player got the body and the outstreached leg but didn't touch the ball .
Yeah I don't know what he's watching that view from the endzone, CLEARLY shows that the Danville player was a good foot away from the ball.

I have seen the tape and it was blocked. Why else would the ball not go beyond the line of scrimmage and go directly to the right. You have the hardware so it doesn't matter.

I have watched the replay several times, and I was near the field when the roughing call was made. It was the correct call. The Danville player never touched the ball. :rolleyes:

I also honestly could not tell if the Danville guy got his foot in on their last TD. At first I thought no, then another view I couldn't tell.

I will defer to the judgement of the ref that was right there on that one and say it was the correct call.