Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 07

Featured Replies

Corbin returns all but 5 seniors (had 6 but Freeman was out for the year). Basically every skill player and lineman return for Corbin. The Hounds ended with a close loss to Russell in Round 3. What is everyone's prediction on the seaon for next year.

 

Here is the schedule that I have heard although it's in no particular order and I'm unsure on the home/away.

 

Belfry (Pike County Bowl)

Dunbar (Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic)

North Laurel

@South Laurel

East Jessemine

West Jessemine

North Oldham

 

District Games

Middlesboro

Leslie County

Knott County Central

 

Correct me if any of the games are wrong but with that schedule and based on what I am hearing the teams have coming back, it's not impossible for the Hounds to finish 10-0.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some tough games on the schedule for Corbin in 2007.

 

I do not think they go 10-0.

I love it when we are doubted before the season even starts. Don't you hound82

I thought Lex. Christian was on the schedule next year..........

I love it when we are doubted before the season even starts. Don't you hound82

 

 

Saying you're not going to go 10-0 qualifies as doubting?

Did anyone who didn't pick you 10-0 last season doubt you?

No offense but that is a huge step up in schedule to you guys and saying you wont go undefeated is defintley not doubting. Sure you have a shot every team does. But I dont see a undefeated season you guys play a tuff schedule, which will help you more when you have to face off again witha team like Russell.

Awesome schedule.

My understanding is that Somerset and Danville will not be playing the next couple of years and that Somerset /Corbin is taking their place, does anyone know if this is true. The Jumpers and the Hounds have had some GREAT games in the past and I would love to see them playing again. It would be really nice considering the ties Coach Jewell and Mrs. Coach have to Somerset, to play them again. I have a lot of respect for them and hope this game happens.

Corbin returns all but 5 seniors (had 6 but Freeman was out for the year). Basically every skill player and lineman return for Corbin. The Hounds ended with a close loss to Russell in Round 3. What is everyone's prediction on the seaon for next year.

 

Here is the schedule that I have heard although it's in no particular order and I'm unsure on the home/away.

 

Belfry (Pike County Bowl)

Dunbar (Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic)

North Laurel

@South Laurel

East Jessemine

West Jessemine

North Oldham

 

District Games

Middlesboro

Leslie County

Knott County Central

 

Correct me if any of the games are wrong but with that schedule and based on what I am hearing the teams have coming back, it's not impossible for the Hounds to finish 10-0.

I think we have somerset on there I am not sure about some of this teams.
  • Author

I thought Somerset was kept in there too even though it wasn't a district game since they wound up moving to 3A. I'd say they are replacing one of those Nicholasville schools.

 

I never said Corbin would go 10-0 but it's not out of the possibility. While the best teams have trouble going undefeated, Corbin will probably be favored in every game. Will that happen? Probably not but how often do you have undefeated teams that are not just absolute juggernauts.

No offense but that is a huge step up in schedule to you guys and saying you wont go undefeated is defintley not doubting. Sure you have a shot every team does. But I dont see a undefeated season you guys play a tuff schedule, which will help you more when you have to face off again witha team like Russell.

 

 

In terms of district play, it is definetly i step up, but who we play in district is beyond our control. In defense of Coach Jewell, he usually complies one of the tougher non district schedules in all of 2 A football. So the non district schedule is typical of any other year--very tough. However, I am still upset that we dropped traditional rival Bell County to play either of the Jessamines???

Yeah Somerset and Corbin play next year I think the 10th game.

Yeah Somerset and Corbin play next year I think the 10th game.

That's awfully late in the year for a non-district game isn't it? Where is it at do we know yet?

I love it they we are playing again.

And to Quote a Great man- "You ain't nothing but a hound dog cryin' all the time, you ain't ever caught a :bunny: RABBIT :bunny: and you aint no friend of mine" -Elvis Aaron Presley :lol:

That's awfully late in the year for a non-district game isn't it? Where is it at do we know yet?

I love it they we are playing again.

And to Quote a Great man- "You ain't nothing but a hound dog cryin' all the time, you ain't ever caught a :bunny: RABBIT :bunny: and you aint no friend of mine" -Elvis Aaron Presley :lol:

Yeah it is late for a non district game. I think I remember hearing it was the 10th game though. I'm sure its a 2 year contract so it'll home one year and away another. Not really sure where it falls at next year. The schedules aren't finalized so they haven't been printed its just hearsay.

  • Author

I think our district games were supposed to be scheduled week 4,6, 8, and 10 if I am not mistaken. Somerset just probably stayed on the schedule as to where they were slated to be. Since they moved up, it just won't be considered a district game. This was one of the problems with not scheduling Bell County.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.