Corbin 07

WILDMAN

Corbin will be tough. The Hounds were one of the better treams in 2A this season as they lost in a reasonably close game on the road to Russell. Russell at Corbin would have likely ended a differert outcome. Corbin would have been a tough opponent for Mercer. Sometimes the way the playoffs unwind in terms of homefield advantages, matchups and good old lady luck play more of a factor than who the best team is.

I expect Corbin to be a preseason top 5 2 A club. If they can stay away from serious injury problems, they will be as good as as anyone in their State

Classification.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin will be tough. The Hounds were one of the better treams in 2A this season as they lost in a reasonably close game on the road to Russell. Russell at Corbin would have likely ended a differert outcome. Corbin would have been a tough opponent for Mercer. Sometimes the way the playoffs unwind in terms of homefield advantages, matchups and good old lady luck play more of a factor than who the best team is.

I expect Corbin to be a preseason top 5 2 A club. If they can stay away from serious injury problems, they will be as good as as anyone in their State

Classification.

If the KHSAA had not decided to draw for regional match-ups, Corbin would have played at home as long as they advanced throughout the playoffs.......and the Russell game would more than likely have had a different outcome.

If the KHSAA had not decided to draw for regional match-ups, Corbin would have played at home as long as they advanced throughout the playoffs.......and the Russell game would more than likely have had a different outcome.

I doubt it.

That's awfully late in the year for a non-district game isn't it? Where is it at do we know yet?

I love it they we are playing again.

And to Quote a Great man- "You ain't nothing but a hound dog cryin' all the time, you ain't ever caught a :bunny: RABBIT :bunny: and you aint no friend of mine" -Elvis Aaron Presley :lol:

Everyone will play non-district games the last couple of weeks. The KHSAA set up schedules for district games due to the new setup so you won't have teams playing in Week 11 and then in the first week of the playoffs.

Somerset plays at Cawood in Week 11 next year.

I doubt it.

Well opinions differ. I think homefield advantage are a big help in the playoffs. Corbin gave Russell all they wanted and more. At home we score all those times down in the red zone. Makes it a totally different game, not saying that russell wouldn't have stepped up to the occasion but I think home field makes a huge difference

Saying you're not going to go 10-0 qualifies as doubting?

Did anyone who didn't pick you 10-0 last season doubt you?

No when someone says there is the oppurtunity to go 10-0 it means there is a good ball team coming up. That should be the goal of the community, coaches, and players. So yes that is being doubted. It can be done, not easy, but it can be done. That is the goal that is set.

Well opinions differ. I think homefield advantage are a big help in the playoffs. Corbin gave Russell all they wanted and more. At home we score all those times down in the red zone. Makes it a totally different game, not saying that russell wouldn't have stepped up to the occasion but I think home field makes a huge difference

Fair enough. We will just leave it at opinions differ.

I do think you Redhounds will be one of the favorites in AA next season. Good luck.

I don't see the Hounds goin 10-0, however it would be a pleasant surprise if they did. Once again I think the Hounds have one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) non district schedule out of any AA team in Kentucky. Should do a great job of preparing them for the playoffs. I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait for next football season, it will for sure be an exciting year for the Redhounds!

I don't see the Hounds goin 10-0, however it would be a pleasant surprise if they did. Once again I think the Hounds have one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) non district schedule out of any AA team in Kentucky. Should do a great job of preparing them for the playoffs. I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait for next football season, it will for sure be an exciting year for the Redhounds!

I can't see Corbin going undefeated either. If Coach Jewell put much priority in that he would not play the schedule he does.

Corbin should be very good next year with loads of depth. I believe they could play get away with not starting anyone both ways next year, which I would love to see. They may need to work out a couple of personnel issues soon and hopefully that will turn out ok.

There is a ton of work to be done between now and August before anyone needs to be getting too excited. The Hounds have emense potential coming up, but it is still raw potential i.e. the roller-coaster ride this season...with some hard work in the weight-room, and athletic improvement this team could be special to watch, but without it things may not go as hoped/anticipated with such a difficult schedule.

I know for a fact that we have week 11 open, we had plans on playing Harlan,yes your right Harlan, that alone tells me we are headed in the wrong direction. Harlan went in a different direction, Bell Co. has week 11 open so why don't we cont. with them. If Jewell doesn't want to play Bell, let Duncum take over he will play them.

Corbin gave the Devils a fine account of themselves ... I sat on the Corbin side ( it's closer to the field - no track ) and was impressed. Corbin kids played hard the entire game and it payed off. I never thought the Devils were in trouble because they for the most part controlled lines of scrimmage even with Clark clearly hurting . But those kids from Corbin never backed down and would hit you ....

I look for big things from redhounds next year ...

Corbin returns all but 5 seniors (had 6 but Freeman was out for the year). Basically every skill player and lineman return for Corbin. The Hounds ended with a close loss to Russell in Round 3. What is everyone's prediction on the seaon for next year.

Here is the schedule that I have heard although it's in no particular order and I'm unsure on the home/away.

Belfry (Pike County Bowl)

Dunbar (Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic)

North Laurel

@South Laurel

East Jessemine

West Jessemine

North Oldham

District Games

Middlesboro

Leslie County

Knott County Central

Correct me if any of the games are wrong but with that schedule and based on what I am hearing the teams have coming back, it's not impossible for the Hounds to finish 10-0.

I was impressed with Corbin when they came to Russell, it was a much tougher game than expected. It's good to hear you have a good nucleus coming back, I like seeing the balance of power shifting. It gets old when the same schools make deep runs each year.

However, I think you're overlooking Coach Haywood and his Belfry Pirates when you already have a 10 win season penciled in.

:fire:

Classification.

even if the Corbin/Russell game had been at played in Coach Jewell's driveway, the outcome would have been the same. Corbin played a courageous game, but caught Russell hurting, and still had trouble on the lines of scrimmage.

let's not discredit the Devils. Luck had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the run they have been on the past few seasons. Good teams make their own luck. Russell had most likely the only defense in AA that could slow down Mercer, as Mercer's did Russell's.

The Devils stonewalled Belfry, who hammered Middlesboro, the same Middlesboro who hung 62 on Corbin.

So to say Corbin would have had an answer for Mercer's offense is going out on a limb, wouldn't one think ?:fire: