Wildcats @ Tarheels: December 2nd

Son of Bear

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am True Wildcat Blue and hope I am wrong, but I think UNC can win by as much as they want from what I have seen this year and I am not jumping off the bandwagon or downing my cats. I am just being realistic.

Hope the Cats win by 20 and never lose another game in my lifetime like it is supposed to be.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Am I really reading posts that think UNC will OVERLOOK UK? Unreal...
....:thumb: Agreed and absolutely no way, UNC will overlook UK. Perhaps, some meant they might have an emotional letdown, after the OSU game and not be focused/ready at the beginning...which I don't think, just offering. Here is UNC games, after UK.

High Point

UNC Asheville

Florida Atlantic

No reason to "overlook" UK, none at all. I do think, for some reason that UK will try and control the tempo, plus play better than previous. UNC has committed several turnovers this year and UK's deflections, passing lane defense may help them stay in the game.

Am I really reading posts that think UNC will OVERLOOK UK? Unreal...

I dont think at all that they will overlook us, but them winning last night helps us more than if they lost last night IMO...

I know I am not going to make a predicition of a score on this game, but I do think we can win it. Besides that I mean UNC have already shown that they are capable of losing to a team they shouldn't lose to in Gonzaga, so anything can happen...

We have to shoot 55%+ to have a shot to win this one. I think the defense will be intense from Kentucky in this one, and I hope Tubby doesn't try to run with them or we will get hammered. If by some chance Morris stays out of foul trouble we have a realistic shot at pulling off the upset, but I think in the end the crowd and the athleticism of the Tar Heels will fuel them to a hard fought victory over the scrappy Cats 72-66. We need to go after Hansborough early and try to maybe get a couple of cheap fouls on him early if possible. Bradley has to have at least a 2 to 1 Assist/TO ratio, hopefully better.

Let's take a trip down memory lane: A few years ago the unranked cats travelled to Chapel Hill to play the undefeated Tar Heels who were ranked

6th in the nation. No one gave the Cats a chance but the Cats won 93-76 or something like that. Could it happen again? Probably not. But it wasn't supposed to then either.

Let's take a trip down memory lane: A few years ago the unranked cats travelled to Chapel Hill to play the undefeated Tar Heels who were ranked

6th in the nation. No one gave the Cats a chance but the Cats won 93-76 or something like that. Could it happen again? Probably not. But it wasn't supposed to then either.

Good point, but the last time the Cats went to Chapel Hill they were down by 20 points in the first 5 minutes of the game to Sean May and company. Different teams now of course, but I am afraid UK will come out flat and UNC will destroy them very early, again.

Would a UK win be one of the biggest upsets in college basketball this year?

UK will lead early and maybe at the half.

UNC will get their transition offense moving

and pull away 81-68. This is UK's last tough game

until SEC play. Louisville and Indiana are terrible.

They will get on a roll after this game.

Good point, but the last time the Cats went to Chapel Hill they were down by 20 points in the first 5 minutes of the game to Sean May and company. Different teams now of course, but I am afraid UK will come out flat and UNC will destroy them very early, again.

Sadly, it probably would be.

The only people that it would be a big upset to is the people who don't like Tubby and have already made up their mind about the season. It doesnt touch Kansas getting upset or Butler winning the whole NIT as just one big upset.