Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooters: What is your favorite type of tactical handgun?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HB20,

 

I know you have been selling stuff lately. If ya wanna sell that, let me know.

HB20,

 

I know you have been selling stuff lately. If ya wanna sell that, let me know.

 

 

Sorry bud, I couldn't do it. Havn't had it long and got it as a birthday gift. Not to mention I love it :lol:.

S&W 686, I love that gun.

Of course I have my trusty HKS speedloaders ready to go at all times. :D :thumb:

Can't go wrong with the S&W .357 Magnum...should be a good thread...I'm in the market looking at a Sig or a Glock.
Go with the Sig, I have a P225, 9mm and its great....shoots accurate, is comfortable to hold, retains color, easy to clean/disassemble.

 

I might even be willing part with mine.

Here ya go:

 

g22bam9.gif

That's my baby also, plus an internal laser :flame: built into the guide rod.

SWEET shooting gun, also the most reliable I have ever seen.

That's my baby also, plus an internal laser :flame: built into the guide rod.

SWEET shooting gun, also the most reliable I have ever seen.

 

 

I love mine. :thumb:

SW40VE is a Glock knock off. Its a decent gun, but pulling the trigger is terrible. Wouldn't wanna pull that heavy of a trigger in the heat of the moment.

 

I like the long trigger pull.

SW40VE is a Glock knock off. Its a decent gun, but pulling the trigger is terrible. Wouldn't wanna pull that heavy of a trigger in the heat of the moment.

 

It is actually ok. This is what I carry every day, but I have never had to pull it in the heat of the moment, but I know I could trust it if I had to.

The M1911 is a piece of garbage. While its great at close range, its a horrible weapon at 25 yds. Most people have a better chance of hitting the target by throwing the pistol. Its big and heavy. But if you hit something or someone, its gonna leave a big hole.

The M1911 is a piece of garbage. While its great at close range, its a horrible weapon at 25 yds. Most people have a better chance of hitting the target by throwing the pistol. Its big and heavy. But if you hit something or someone, its gonna leave a big hole.

 

 

If I am going to be shooting for personal defense, I doubt it will at or beyond 25 yards.

I have had a few handguns, some of which were autoloaders and liked, but seems I can't get away from revolvers. I currently own a Ruger .357 GP100 with a 6 inch barrell. I like it very well, and if you miss an intruder in your home, the shock of the blast would deafen him (and me). However, I have been eyeballing the .50 caliber Smith with the muzzle break to hunt with. I've read that it has wonderful ballistics out to as far as 200 yd. I'm afraid to pick one up and look at it at our local gun dealer for fear of my typical obsession with it's possession. :D

Around this time of year, I like a Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.

  • Author

My autos are as follows:

Glock 17 9mm

Glock 27 .40

Colt m1911 .45, slighltly modified

Walther PPks .380

 

Revolvers:

Colt Python .357 Magnum

Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum

 

This list does not include .22 pistols or collectables

I feel that my smoothest auto is my Glock 17.

The PPks is excellent for concealed carry, however, the G27 carries more knockdown power.

I now would most prefer my Python in a personal defense situation.

No guns...prefer a taser! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.