Shooters: What is your favorite type of tactical handgun?

94 Camel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go wrong with the S&W .357 Magnum...should be a good thread...I'm in the market looking at a Sig or a Glock.
Go with the Sig, I have a P225, 9mm and its great....shoots accurate, is comfortable to hold, retains color, easy to clean/disassemble.

I might even be willing part with mine.

SW40VE is a Glock knock off. Its a decent gun, but pulling the trigger is terrible. Wouldn't wanna pull that heavy of a trigger in the heat of the moment.

It is actually ok. This is what I carry every day, but I have never had to pull it in the heat of the moment, but I know I could trust it if I had to.

The M1911 is a piece of garbage. While its great at close range, its a horrible weapon at 25 yds. Most people have a better chance of hitting the target by throwing the pistol. Its big and heavy. But if you hit something or someone, its gonna leave a big hole.

The M1911 is a piece of garbage. While its great at close range, its a horrible weapon at 25 yds. Most people have a better chance of hitting the target by throwing the pistol. Its big and heavy. But if you hit something or someone, its gonna leave a big hole.

If I am going to be shooting for personal defense, I doubt it will at or beyond 25 yards.

I have had a few handguns, some of which were autoloaders and liked, but seems I can't get away from revolvers. I currently own a Ruger .357 GP100 with a 6 inch barrell. I like it very well, and if you miss an intruder in your home, the shock of the blast would deafen him (and me). However, I have been eyeballing the .50 caliber Smith with the muzzle break to hunt with. I've read that it has wonderful ballistics out to as far as 200 yd. I'm afraid to pick one up and look at it at our local gun dealer for fear of my typical obsession with it's possession. :D

My autos are as follows:

Glock 17 9mm

Glock 27 .40

Colt m1911 .45, slighltly modified

Walther PPks .380

Revolvers:

Colt Python .357 Magnum

Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum

This list does not include .22 pistols or collectables

I feel that my smoothest auto is my Glock 17.

The PPks is excellent for concealed carry, however, the G27 carries more knockdown power.

I now would most prefer my Python in a personal defense situation.