Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooters: What is your favorite type of tactical handgun?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had a few handguns, some of which were autoloaders and liked, but seems I can't get away from revolvers. I currently own a Ruger .357 GP100 with a 6 inch barrell. I like it very well, and if you miss an intruder in your home, the shock of the blast would deafen him (and me). However, I have been eyeballing the .50 caliber Smith with the muzzle break to hunt with. I've read that it has wonderful ballistics out to as far as 200 yd. I'm afraid to pick one up and look at it at our local gun dealer for fear of my typical obsession with it's possession. :D

My brother used to have a Ruger .357 Blackhawk that I loved to use. It was single action, unlike your double-action GP100.

Around this time of year, I like a Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.

 

You'll put your eye out!

if you are new to handguns ... try hi-point firearms out of Dayton Ohio ... they have several starter guns to choose from at very reasonable prices .

if you are new to handguns ... try hi-point firearms out of Dayton Ohio ... they have several starter guns to choose from at very reasonable prices .

 

I would not trust that gun with my life on the line. It falls into the "Saturday night specials"

I would not trust that gun with my life on the line. It falls into the "Saturday night specials"

 

shot several of them ... there are some differances between them and the major brands but for the price and some one starting out it is definately not a saturday night special....

I would not trust that gun with my life on the line. It falls into the "Saturday night specials"

Amen fellow gunlover

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.