Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A #4 Beechwood vs. 5A #2 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Beechwood
      6%
    • Covington Catholic
      93%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't think it is time yet for Beechwood to pull the plug on this series. It has only been the last 2 or 3 years that the games have been consistently lopsided. Unfortunately for Beechwood, I don't think this year and next will be any better. In 2 years when this contract is up, Beechwood will need to take a hard look at how the matchup looks for the coming two years as they decide the value in renewing for another 2 years.

  • Replies 184
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as Eviston is coaching CCH, then CCH should win big every year in this game.

I don't think it is time yet for Beechwood to pull the plug on this series. It has only been the last 2 or 3 years that the games have been consistently lopsided. Unfortunately for Beechwood, I don't think this year and next will be any better. In 2 years when this contract is up, Beechwood will need to take a hard look at how the matchup looks for the coming two years as they decide the value in renewing for another 2 years.

 

For reference:

2014: BHS 28-13

2015: CCH 41-21

2016: CCH 44-10

2017: CCH 45-9

2018: CCH 49-14

 

CovCath has beaten Beechwood the past 5 seasons by average of 38-16. And 35-15 from 2009 to 2013. But then again, I should do the Highlands vs CovCath averages. Those won't be pretty. But yeah I agree, even when CovCath was getting consistently beaten by Highlands, pulling the plug on the rivalry was never on our minds.

As I mentioned above I think this game will be a running clock too but I can't commit to one by halftime.

 

The Beechwood team I saw on film does not have the athletes up front to slow CCH down.

 

With all that said obviously CovCath wants to "take it easy" on Beechwood because CovCath wants Beechwood to keep playing them every year.

 

At some point the Beechwood Powers that be have to look past the money and do what is right. This is a bad game/series for Beechwood.

 

The Beechwood Powers would have a tough time convincing the rank and file dropping CovCath is a good idea.

The Beechwood Powers would have a tough time convincing the rank and file dropping CovCath is a good idea.

 

A couple more dates at the woodshed will cure that.

Last year I think the game would have been a lot closer had Derry stayed healthy. He was a big part of the game plan and they went right down the field and scored to lead with him and then he got hurt. The game plan was gone and it got out of hand in the 2nd half. I think BW keeps this one closer. Competitive and in the 28-14 range.

For reference:

2014: BHS 28-13

2015: CCH 41-21

2016: CCH 44-10

2017: CCH 45-9

2018: CCH 49-14

 

CovCath has beaten Beechwood the past 5 seasons by average of 38-16. And 35-15 from 2009 to 2013. But then again, I should do the Highlands vs CovCath averages. Those won't be pretty. But yeah I agree, even when CovCath was getting consistently beaten by Highlands, pulling the plug on the rivalry was never on our minds.

 

I wouldn't call the 2014 and 2015 scores lopsided, at least not like the last 3 years. If Beechwood could hang within 2-3 TD's each year and get an occasional win no one would question continuing the series.

A couple more dates at the woodshed will cure that.

 

Defn of "insanity"! BW is an excellant small school program from top to bottom. They only beat CovCath when they are at their best and CovCath is not so stellar. Coach E will not allow the Colonels to slip; so just the male enrollment #s should give him a 4 multiplier on male athletes. Overpowering!

The Beechwood Powers would have a tough time convincing the rank and file dropping CovCath is a good idea.

 

I think many of the Beechwood fans, probably a clear majority, would be fine dropping Covington Catholic.

I think many of the Beechwood fans, probably a clear majority, would be fine dropping Covington Catholic.

 

That may happen. But athletic budgets can be tough to balance...

Defn of "insanity"! BW is an excellant small school program from top to bottom. They only beat CovCath when they are at their best and CovCath is not so stellar. Coach E will not allow the Colonels to slip; so just the male enrollment #s should give him a 4 multiplier on male athletes. Overpowering!

 

CovCath has 4 times as many boys as Beechwood? How many students do you think CovCath has? How many male students do you think Beechwood has?

CovCath has 4 times as many boys as Beechwood? How many students do you think CovCath has? How many male students do you think Beechwood has?

CovCath has 592 boys according to KHSAA while Beechwood has 233. Just looked it up, so CovCath male advantage is roughly a multiple of 2.6. I stand corrected, but my thesis does not change.

Easy there fella. How can you give Eviston that much credit over Rash? Two of the best here, but I’ll take Rash and his staff personally. Records and Championships deserve that respect. That being said, this game will always well prepared and coached on both sidelines. The difference has and will come down to those athletes between the lines, and who steps up. JMO.

How can you give Eviston that much credit over Rash? Two of the best here, but I’ll take Rash and his staff personally.

 

Wow...have to believe that is a minority opinion.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.