Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Columbus Mom suing JUUL

Featured Replies

JUUL and others like them have marketed themselves as Safe Alternatives to cigarettes. Only very recently have I seen or heard any ads with warnings. There is money to be had there.

She’ll win too. That’s the world we live in.

  • Author
JUUL and others like them have marketed themselves as Safe Alternatives to cigarettes. Only very recently have I seen or heard any ads with warnings. There is money to be had there.

 

Everyone knows that nicotine is addictive and E cigarettes never hid the fact that they contain nicotine. Teenagers should not be smoking cigarettes or vaping. As a parent, mom should have had some inkling this was a bad idea, and been a parent.

 

They probably will get money. I just can’t believe that anyone actually believed vaping is harmless.

Everyone knows that nicotine is addictive and E cigarettes never hid the fact that they contain nicotine. Teenagers should not be smoking cigarettes or vaping. As a parent, mom should have had some inkling this was a bad idea, and been a parent.

 

They probably will get money. I just can’t believe that anyone actually believed vaping is harmless.

 

Most kids vape without mom and dad knowing about it. Every kid that I know that have done it, thinks that it is safe.

Local Vape shop ran ads on the radio daily saying that vaping was a safe alternative to cigarettes. Nicotine isn't in and of itself dangerous, it just gets you addicted to the delivery system.

 

I agree the suit is crazy, but JUUL and others need to look at how they market these things.

I saw a story about someone being treated at Children's Hospital for lung disease attributed to vaping. There are 16 states with similar cases.

JUUL and others like them have marketed themselves as Safe Alternatives to cigarettes. Only very recently have I seen or heard any ads with warnings. There is money to be had there.

 

I agree with this. It wasn't until the past week or two that I actually noticed the tv ads starting off with a disclaimer.

I agree with this. It wasn't until the past week or two that I actually noticed the tv ads starting off with a disclaimer.

 

When I see or hear a commercial on TV or radio starting for these products, I immediately change the channel.

Anything for a buck!

 

Could be the slogan for JUUL's marketing team as well.

 

To me, this doesn't get really interesting until state governments get involved. I don't think this lawsuit is going to have the juice to slow the vape industry down.

I don't smoke cigarettes or vape. Every Juul commercial I have heard on the radio says it's not for kids, it contains nicotine, for adults only.

Most kids vape without mom and dad knowing about it. Every kid that I know that have done it, thinks that it is safe.

Local Vape shop ran ads on the radio daily saying that vaping was a safe alternative to cigarettes. Nicotine isn't in and of itself dangerous, it just gets you addicted to the delivery system.

 

I agree the suit is crazy, but JUUL and others need to look at how they market these things.

 

You’re right. Most kids think it is a safe alternative other than smoking.

There is definitely a ton of marketing for JUUL that has been aimed at kids. How much JUUL is responsible for I have no idea. But there is so much JUUL product placement and free advertising for JUUL all over social media platforms specifically Instagram and Snapchat. This is how JUUL really took off because the use of the products became cool because social media influencers were using JUULs. What level JUUL is responsible for I have no idea, but I definitely don’t believe this is a black and white issue like some believe. JUUL products were in the hands of social media influencers which in turn led to the rise of JUUL and especially young people which like it or not take a lot of their information and opinions about what is cool from these influencers and social media pages. How much JUUL is responsible for is the question, but there’s only so much they can do if people are promoting their products for free which it evolved into. In the end though I’d have a hard time believing JUUL didn’t set out initially with the intent of subliminally marketing their product to kids.

I don't smoke cigarettes or vape. Every Juul commercial I have heard on the radio says it's not for kids, it contains nicotine, for adults only.

 

This.

There is definitely a ton of marketing for JUUL that has been aimed at kids. How much JUUL is responsible for I have no idea. But there is so much JUUL product placement and free advertising for JUUL all over social media platforms specifically Instagram and Snapchat. This is how JUUL really took off because the use of the products became cool because social media influencers were using JUULs. What level JUUL is responsible for I have no idea, but I definitely don’t believe this is a black and white issue like some believe. JUUL products were in the hands of social media influencers which in turn led to the rise of JUUL and especially young people which like it or not take a lot of their information and opinions about what is cool from these influencers and social media pages. How much JUUL is responsible for is the question, but there’s only so much they can do if people are promoting their products for free which it evolved into. In the end though I’d have a hard time believing JUUL didn’t set out initially with the intent of subliminally marketing their product to kids.

 

Here's the thing.

 

Doesn't every company that advertises anything do the exact same thing.

 

All the beer and alcohol commercials are all about having fun and being cool. Make up and clothing commercials are all about being beautiful and sexy. Don't hear a whole lot of people jumping up and down over that one.

 

To me the one that everyone should have issue with is pharmaceuticals. They are turning our country into pill popping idiots for everything. Not happy...take a pill. Skin itches...take a pill. My big toe hurts...take a pill.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.