Top Gun: Maverick (Summer 2020)

13 minutes ago, Bluto said:

It doesn't matter. The aerial video footage alone will be worth the price of admission!

I haven't been to an Imax in over 20 years, but I want to see this one in Imax.

I agree the action in the Trailer looks great but without a solid plot/acting no thanks. 

6 hours ago, Bluto said:

It doesn't matter. The aerial video footage alone will be worth the price of admission!

I haven't been to an Imax in over 20 years, but I want to see this one in Imax.

Same, I had to Google where I could catch it on IMAX last night. 

• 1 month later...

Absolutely worth the wait!  Might go back and see it again next week.  Also, despite seeing a lot of top gun t shirts there.  I had someone ask if they could stop and take a picture of mine, apparently her son was a pilot.  Great crowd, theater was sold out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Wow. This was worth the wait and more. That probably the best movie I’ve seen in a decade. Got me at the end too, got a few tears out of me. 

I never saw the original. Do I have to watch it in order to understand this one?

21 minutes ago, PP1 said:

I never saw the original. Do I have to watch it in order to understand this one?

Not necessarily, but I would recommend it. I think you’d lose some of the emotional aspect if you don’t watch the original first. It’s currently on Netflix. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Not necessarily, but I would recommend it. I think you’d lose some of the emotional aspect if you don’t watch the original first. It’s currently on Netflix. 

Thanks for saying all that.  I am going to go see the new one soon but in my opinion you have to watch the old one first, and why not, it is a classic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

You need to hurry because it is only on Netflix until May 31st.  I made my daughters watch the original yesterday before taking them to see it last night.   I wanted to see this from the first time I saw the trailer 2+ years ago.   It was even better than I would have imagined.  Easily the best movie I've seen in 20 years.  They definitely made the right decision to wait until they were able to show it in a packed theater as opposed to streaming.  You could feel those jet engines vibrate through your entire body.  Can't equal that at home. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

You need to hurry because it is only on Netflix until May 31st.  I made my daughters watch the original yesterday before taking them to see it last night.   I wanted to see this from the first time I saw the trailer 2+ years ago.   It was even better than I would have imagined.  Easily the best movie I've seen in 20 years.  They definitely made the right decision to wait until they were able to show it in a packed theater as opposed to streaming.  You could feel those jet engines vibrate through your entire body.  Can't equal that at home. 

That opening scene when you could feel the rumbles from your seat set the mood instantly. It was just an awesome movie.