UK Basketball Memories

lcdawg4life

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

98 Region Finals against Duke is my second favorite moment.

My Favorite was when Kenny "Sky" Walker hit a shot from about fifteen feet that hit the rim went straight up and then in the basket just before the horn against Auburn. This was in the finals of the SEC tourney. The best part was watching Charles Barkley sitting on the floor, hitting it with his fist and crying.....he had ran his mouth all year against UK. Chuck Person was also on that team. I love that shot. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Although it was a heartbreaking loss, my most memorable moment was attending the 97 national championship game in Indy. The atmosphere was like none other that I have ever experienced (and I have attended many college/professional sporting events). A pure thrill from beginning to end.:thumb:

I was at that game.:cool:

Was there too! One of the loudest moments I have ever heard in Rupp. Rivaled the Arkansas games in the early 90's. My favorite has to be the 1996 Final four. Stood in line at Giants stadium early that Saturday afternoon waiting to get my tickets for the semi and the final. Was offered $5000 for my tickets because the Meadowlands only seated 17K(tickets were going for crazy $'s). Walked over to the Meadowlands and watched UK vs. UMASS. Then the Monday final against Syracuse. I had an exam on Tuesday morning at 11am. Left NY at 12:30am and drove straight through all the way back to Ohio, got back at 10:45am, made a B+ on my exam went back to my apartment and slept until Thursday.:D

Sometimes the truth hurts. Such is life. Like it or not, that is THE most memorable moment in UK history (outside the 96 team obviously) on a national level right now...

Not just bad, but Deep real Deep!!!!:cry: