Trinity: More with Less?

tcjkbt

With all the speed and skill players Trinity faced in their district, not to mention the superstars of Male (Beaumont), St. X (Anderson) and most recently Henry Clay (Jeter, Minniefield, and Boyd), does Trinity do more with less than any other 4A school?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the speed and skill players Trinity faced in their district, not to mention the superstars of Male (Beaumont), St. X (Anderson) and most recently Henry Clay (Jeter, Minniefield, and Boyd), does Trinity do more with less than any other 4A school?
You're kidding, right?

Trinity does more with less "superstars", however, the reason Trinity does well, and I've stated this many many times before, they have THE best coaching staff in Kentucky, bar NONE! The players are better prepared for games, they know more about the opposing teams, they know thier assignments. The coaching staff is definately where Trinity gets thier advantage IMHO

Trinity has two very big advantages. First is the coaching staff. They are the best. Sometimes I almost feel sorry for the teams that have to prepare for the Trinity offense. Second, in most years they don't have a lot of stars, but they always have a huge number of good high sschool athletes. When you couple the very large number of good players with preparation that is second to none, it is a winning formula.

Trinity does more with less "superstars", however, the reason Trinity does well, and I've stated this many many times before, they have THE best coaching staff in Kentucky, bar NONE! The players are better prepared for games, they know more about the opposing teams, they know thier assignments. The coaching staff is definately where Trinity gets thier advantage IMHO

Trinity has the best quarterback in the state of Kentucky. They would be an above average team if Petrino was hurt or did not play. I agree Trinity's coaching staff is good but their special teams coaches and Beatty looked pretty bad kicking the ball to Minnifield and Jeter everytime.

Trinity has a great quarterback and is great up front. Skill kids are good but not great.

Very nicely put!

I agree Trinity's coaching staff is good but their special teams coaches and Beatty looked pretty bad kicking the ball to Minnifield and Jeter everytime.

Trinity has a great quarterback and is great up front. Skill kids are good but not great.

With all due respect you told us prior to the season that PLD was going to be the class of Lexington. 1-9. Excuse me if I take your analysis with a boulder of salt.

With all due respect you told us prior to the season that PLD was going to be the class of Lexington. 1-9. Excuse me if I take your analysis with a boulder of salt.

Find that post? Why don't you ask your buddy LSURock what I told him in the summer before you make another dumb comment.

Find that post? Why don't you ask your buddy LSURock what I told him in the summer before you make another dumb comment.

Lets not get personal. It was not you that touted Dunbar. It was another with pld in his name. FYI, we have excellent skill kids for high school football. Trinity's skill kids play within themselves and do the work. They may never play on Saturdays (or they may) but at the high school level they are excellent.

Trinity has the best quarterback in the state of Kentucky. They would be an above average team if Petrino was hurt or did not play. I agree Trinity's coaching staff is good but their special teams coaches and Beatty looked pretty bad kicking the ball to Minnifield and Jeter everytime.

I feel certain that Coach Beatty and staff at Trinity thought their kicker (UK recruit Ryan Tydlacka) would kick the ball in the endzone as he has consistently done all year. He came up short on a couple......one in which Jeter ran back all the way.

I do not fault the coaching staff's decision on this one. Poor special teams coverage, nonetheless.

I think people need to consider the "more" part of this, i.e., how far Trinity has been able to advance in the post-season. Perhaps, the question could be posed: Is Trinity one of best in maximizing its talent? I think Thursday will mark the 6th time in the last 7 years that T has made it to state final.

Dunbar has a great non district schedule next season of MBA, Madison Central, PRP, and Ryle. Dunbar should have a nice season.

At this point Dunbar had a transfer in from Memphis Tennessee who was a great football player and went through spring ball and he quit the team in May. This quote was in March I believe. Jureel Greene didn't play in any of these games.

By the way that's a pretty good non district schedule looking back. State finalist and MBA.

On paper no one can argue that the team in this district with the most returning players is Scott County. They should be very tough to beat.

This quote was made a couple of months later talking about Scott County in the Henry Clay 2006 thread for this past season. I don't think Haddox was made ineligable at this time.

Lets not get personal. It was not you that touted Dunbar. It was another with pld in his name. FYI, we have excellent skill kids for high school football. Trinity's skill kids play within themselves and do the work. They may never play on Saturdays (or they may) but at the high school level they are excellent.

I don't mean to be rude and I appologize.