Trinity: More with Less?

tcjkbt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to consider the "more" part of this, i.e., how far Trinity has been able to advance in the post-season. Perhaps, the question could be posed: Is Trinity one of best in maximizing its talent? I think Thursday will mark the 6th time in the last 7 years that T has made it to state final.

You nailed it. Trinity maximizes their potential. And, this year they have an all state QB which makes them very dangerous.

Ok put things in perspective. Trinity has huge advantages at the disposal of their coaches... this coupled with excellent coaches makes them very good... From their endzone skycam, to their field and weight facilities, to their players having their playbooks on laptops, they should beat Henry Clay 9 out of ten even if HC has better athletes there is no way they could be as well prepared no matter how hard SS and staff work. HC has good practice facilities but not near the $ behind the program and thus they have less of these advantages......

Tricky thread. Trinity has more advantages than about any program in the state. Trinity arguably has the top staff in the state and I am a HUGE fan of Coach Cov with what he brings to the table. They do get a ton out of the kids they have but they aren't hurting by any means for talent. Facilities... it's hard to touch them. Number of boys to chose from.. it's hard to touch them. There is no doubt they have beaten great athletes this year and I always feel like Trinity plays team ball. The thing that I think sets them apart every year is their depth. If you do hang around with them they usually have people worn down late.

Not going to comment on the thread but it got me thinking? OK, so Trinity has been to the finals six of seven years under Beatty. How many Division I kids have they produced in that time. I could only think of three

1. Brohm

2. Murray kid at Miami, Ohio

3. Dylan Thiry at Northwestern

Are there others? That is kind of a huge statement. So many titles and so few Division I players. And honestly, how many do they have on this year's team? Not many.

Not going to comment on the thread but it got me thinking? OK, so Trinity has been to the finals six of seven years under Beatty. How many Division I kids have they produced in that time. I could only think of three

1. Brohm

Are there others? That is kind of a huge statement. So many titles and so few Division I players. And honestly, how many do they have on this year's team? Not many.

Will Rueff....DL at Miami of Ohio.

Will Heineman....OL at Eastern Kentucky.

Eric Senn....DB at Yale.

DeQuese May.....RB at Villanova(?)

Steve Orndorff (WR), Edddie Webb (PK) and Blaine Donnell (WR)....freshman walk-ons at U of L.

May be others.

Will Rueff....DL at Miami of Ohio.

Will Heineman....OL at Eastern Kentucky.

Eric Senn....DB at Yale.

DeQuese May.....RB at Villanova(?)

Steve Orndorff (WR), Edddie Webb (PK) and Blaine Donnell (WR)....freshman walk-ons at U of L.

May be others.

Rueff never played for Coach Beatty. He graduated in 2000 (99 football season, Kevin Wright). So the three mentioned would be the only D1 players and Murray was a walk-on. Hennessy (class of 02) went down to Middle Tenn. to play football but I don't know if he ever played. Jeff Sorg (class of 02) signed with Morehead and played one year. Savko (class of 05) signed with Morehead and is now at Western.

I feel certain that Coach Beatty and staff at Trinity thought their kicker (UK recruit Ryan Tydlacka) would kick the ball in the endzone as he has consistently done all year. He came up short on a couple......one in which Jeter ran back all the way.

I do not fault the coaching staff's decision on this one. Poor special teams coverage, nonetheless.

My exact feelings...Ryan bombs neerly 8 out of 10 deep in the end zone...I would've kept kicking them as well.

It's simple! Coaching. The system is put in place at the freshman level and the kids practice that way through thier Senior year, 351 days a year (subtracting dead period). These young men buy into a winning system. We take average kids and make them good football players. We take good players and make them into great high school players. Well, you get the message...

It's simple! Coaching. The system is put in place at the freshman level and the kids practice that way through thier Senior year, 351 days a year (subtracting dead period). These young men buy into a winning system. We take average kids and make them good football players. We take good players and make them into great high school players. Well, you get the message...

Pretty good analysis. How many doubters did Nick Petrino have prior to last season? There probably wasn't on coach in Jefferson County that would have traded their QB for him. Coach Beatty saw something in Nick and helped (along with a healthy dose of Coach Brohm) bring it out. He took a kid that didn't measure up in the traditional sense and put him in charge of the offense and we all know the rest of the story. He wins a state title (MVP of the state game) with OC Sam Adams. Sam leaves, Coach Cov steps in and the Rocks don't miss a beat. I'm sure it won't stop rolling under Beatty's leadership after Nick moves on.

1. Brohm

I think that's it, and I beleive the Murray kid was a walk on. A more pressing question would be to look at other 4-A schools and the number of D-I players they've put out in the same time frame.

Moreover, I do not believe this team will have any seniors get a D-I scholarship this year. I hope I am wrong.

Has any other 4-A school been to the state finals 6 out of 7 years?