Chicken Wings/Buffalo Wings

Down in this neck of the woods ...

If I am having a big party and need wings, McDivot's Wings and Raw Bar, in Westchase, has been my goto for 20 years. They've never let me down.

When we go out with friends we frequent Abe's Place on Missouri Ave, Ker's Wing House on Ulmerton Road, and the original Hooters on Gulf-To-Bay in Clearwater. I still prefer Beef O'Brady's over most other places.

The non-breaded wings at Publix are as good as any.

Breaded wings are straight trash, if you ask me. You can dredge them in a flour or cornstarch was to add to crispiness if you're trying them, but breading is a non-starter, for me. Hooters wings are a hard no.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaded wings are straight trash, if you ask me. You can dredge them in a flour or cornstarch was to add to crispiness if you're trying them, but breading is a non-starter, for me. Hooters wings are a hard no.

I don't know about other locations, but the one in Clearwater has non-breaded "naked" wings and they are as good any wing I've ever had.

I don't know about other locations, but the one in Clearwater has non-breaded "naked" wings and they are as good any wing I've ever had.

The last time I was at the one in Lexington they had the smoked naked, dry rubbed wings. They were on par with pies and pints as far as chain restaurants go. They weren't as large but tasted great.

Just had some wings at Mac's Pizza Pub.

Their wings are perfectly fried. I typically like my wings smothered in sauce. Waiter told me to try sauce on the side. They were legit.

Cheese fries are the real deal too.

It's the same place that was a BW3, then Dunker in Cold Spring.

Beer selection is A+ too for those who like the crafties.

I’ll second River City Drafthouse as having great wings. Every time the wife and I head to Bellarmine for my son, we stop there. In NKY, I still will stick with Knuck ‘n Futz, mainly because they are so close to home. They aren’t as good as they used to be, but are still solid. My favorite wings in Cincy are Knockback Nats. I simply love smoked wings.

Wings are such a simple item.

I’ve never had a “bad” wing....

I make mine at home, cold smoked then fried. No breading and some bdubs spicy garlic or a homemade buffalo sauce.

It’s tough to mess up wings...

Just had some wings at Mac's Pizza Pub.

Their wings are perfectly fried. I typically like my wings smothered in sauce. Waiter told me to try sauce on the side. They were legit.

Cheese fries are the real deal too.

It's the same place that was a BW3, then Dunker in Cold Spring.

Beer selection is A+ too for those who like the crafties.

They have an excellent beer selection there. I'll have to try their wings soon.

• 1 month later...
Wife & I had dinner at KSR Bar & Grille. I'm gonna say their wings may have been the best I've had. Fall of the bone tender and not highly breaded. Very ,very good!

I've heard from a few people that if you ever go there, you should definitely get their wings.