May 4, 20197 yr Another player I was right on. Should have been traded or released in spring training. Now you know why LA traded him. Bad second half and could not even make post season roster. He was a throw away just like Bailey for us.
May 4, 20197 yr Another player I was right on. Should have been traded or released in spring training. Now you know why LA traded him. Bad second half and could not even make post season roster. He was a throw away just like Bailey for us. From what I heard on radio just a little while ago, Cincy tried a trade but no one was interested.
May 4, 20197 yr From what I heard on radio just a little while ago, Cincy tried a trade but no one was interested. Yes, I can believe that. Maybe in the spring someone might have tried him for a DH but not now.
May 5, 20197 yr Another player I was right on. Should have been traded or released in spring training. Now you know why LA traded him. Bad second half and could not even make post season roster. He was a throw away just like Bailey for us. You and me both Sumo, people on here were letting me have it about him too.
May 5, 20197 yr If you would've told me that the Reds could trade Bailey straight up for Puig, I would've done it in a heartbeat. Pick up Wood for a pair of minor leaguers...would've done that too. Everything else the Dodgers added (Kemp, Farmer) was just gravy. BTW, I like Farmer, in the sense that it seems like managers are hesitant to swap out catchers if they've only got 2 on the roster. Add in the fact that he can play both corner spots, and it gives them someone to fill in to give Suarez or Votto a day off.
May 5, 20197 yr Author If Matt Kemp were not injured, Senzel would still be in the minors. The injury has mixed results. It got Senzel up here. It prevented the Reds from getting anything for Kemp in a trade.
May 6, 20197 yr If Matt Kemp were not injured, Senzel would still be in the minors. The injury has mixed results. It got Senzel up here. It prevented the Reds from getting anything for Kemp in a trade. Senzel was coming up regardless, gotta keep the fans interested and the Reds held him down long enough to push service time.
May 6, 20197 yr Author Senzel was coming up regardless, gotta keep the fans interested and the Reds held him down long enough to push service time. Eventually yes. But he is up now because of the Kemp injury and the failures of Schebler and really, the entire offense to date. The point I am making is it took the Kemp injury and the offensive shortcomings to get Senzel called up so fast.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.