Columbia House, BMG, Both, or Neither?

Randy Parker

Columbia House, BMG, Both, or None?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Columbia House, BMG, Both, or None?

It was a great deal if you could control yourself. Get your freebies then buy the cheapest 4 or 5 mandatory purchases as quickly as possible and cancel the subscription. I didn't always follow that advice though and got stuck with a few cassettes I didn't return in time and had to buy.

Heard them mention Columbia House on KSR this morning & it made me curious about BGPers. Did you ever join Columbia House? BMG? Both of them? Neither?

I was a member of both.

Good times. :lol2:

Did both, multiple times. I had amassed a large cd collection by my mid 20's by signing up, making the required purchase, then canceling, and doing it over, and over again. I probably repeated the cycle 10 times with both clubs. It was always a great day when your 10 (or 12 or however many they offered for a penny) arrived.

My mother also got most of her record collection through Columbia House. And I had several shady friends that used phony names to get free cd's.

Did both, multiple times. I had amassed a large cd collection by my mid 20's by signing up, making the required purchase, then canceling, and doing it over, and over again. I probably repeated the cycle 10 times with both clubs. It was always a great day when your 10 (or 12 or however many they offered for a penny) arrived.

My mother also got most of her record collection through Columbia House. And I had several shady friends that used phony names to get free cd's.

I didn't do it as many times as you did, but I joined them several times.

I also used my home address & college address to sign up twice at one time.

Pretty sure I did BMG in the early days of CD's where I started like 6 contracts at the same time. I can't recall exactly how I got away with that but after paying for the 1 disc on 6 different contracts I ended up with about 30+ CD's for the price of 6 then promptly cancelled each of the contracts.