Mike Archer--Got to GO!!!!!!!!!

sumoroyal

I was at the game and thought the scheme and play calling was terrible. Uk was constantly worry about formations and playing 3 DB's over two WR's instead of stacking the box. As the coordinator you have to realize that even though they had spread sets, they were running the ball. Uk neve had anyone assigned on the QB which is the number 1 rule of playing the option. They didn't have force players which is the number 1 rule of stopping a good running attack. They never an extra man at the point of contact that is the sign of good coaching. If you expect a player to have to defeat a block and make a tackle one on one, you are going to be in for a long day. Something has to be done.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One interesting point...That is the most points scored by LM in 3 years. Last time LM scored 40 points was the '03 season against LA-Lafy:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact...only 4 times since 1999. And two of those were against LA-Lafy, once against Utah St. and once against Tulane. Great Company. lol

The QB for ULM would make somebody a great RB. This kid was impressive even if it was against the UK arm tackling defense.

Even though the D was horrible as it has been all year, I think UK was looking ahead to their battle with the team that wears the UGLY Orange jersey and ULM almost took one away from them.

I just dont get it. They run the ball almost every time out of a spread offense. It is the draw with either the RB or QB and UK still stays in a nickel D? Never sending a corner off the edge fi you are going to stay in a nickel. Never putting 7 or 8 in the box and making them go with the sorry passing game to receivers that could barely catch. How much sense does it make? Show nickel and bring a corner or safety in at the snap instead of everyone running downfield with the WR's that werent going to catch the ball. You have to be able to make an adjustment as a coach, and I just did not see it. Am I missing something?

Kentucky is lucky to have Archer. He's got too much big time experience, clout, and confidence to let go. Too much youth, not enough talent and depth yet. If Kentucky is going to keep Brooks, then they've got to keep Archer. One thing is good, they are starting to climb their way out and the one good thing is they would have the same staff (and with all of the youth) and the same players for a while. Might just pull off a big year next season. QB will be the big question.

They have decided to keep brooks, brooks has decided to keep his whole staff, (which I admire tremendously) so they could build this thing. There is something to say for hearing the same philosophy from the same people for four straight years.

I have supported Coach Archer. The one thing from Saturday I could not figure out was why UK was playing so much zone with only 5 and 6 people in the box. UL-Monroe was not looking to pass. Should have went more man and put 7 or 8 in the box. UL-Monroe's WR's were just running our DB's off. They did not want to throw the ball. Even with the missed tackles, there would have been enough men in the box to have gang tackling.

I have supported Coach Archer. The one thing from Saturday I could not figure out was why UK was playing so much zone with only 5 and 6 people in the box. UL-Monroe was not looking to pass. Should have went more man and put 7 or 8 in the box. UL-Monroe's WR's were just running our DB's off. They did not want to throw the ball. Even with the missed tackles, there would have been enough men in the box to have gang tackling.

Vanilla game plan...Archer and Brooks wanted to save some wrinkles for the battle for second place next week in Tennessee. :D

How many people on this thread have experience coaching or playing D1 football?

How many people on this thread have a right to their opinion 31 :rolleyes: ............ The answer is everyone! Or is your word the gospel on this thread and no other comment unless it should agree with you matter? :p Archer has a lot of D1 coaching experience but obviously in his case that has not helped.:D

Vanilla game plan...Archer and Brooks wanted to save some wrinkles for the battle for second place next week in Tennessee. :D

That is what I figured. Give UT some confidence and then come out and Whammo!! hit them with the new D and win 31-7. :D :jump: