Mike Archer--Got to GO!!!!!!!!!

sumoroyal

On defense you can only do 2 things in the secondary Play man or Zone. You have a choice to blitz someone. Up front you can do a few stunts.

Bottom Line the Jims and Joes on defense are not as good as the Jims and Joe on the other team.

He's had many Jims and Joes, in both his stints at UK and many, have been fairly good. If they aren't, then why during his first time with UK and his current, is someone recruiting them.

My opinion, if your teams consistently gives up 27pts± per game, for his tenure at UK and it might even be more than that, then your schemes and defensive thought process, is not working....

Here some research I did, last year about Archer and his defense...not including '06 season.

UK simply allows too many yards defensively, along with poor tackling on defense. Under Archer, UK continues to struggle with his defensive scheme every year.

2005 - 439.5 yds per game allowed (34.1 pts)

2004 - 428.4 yds per game allowed (31.0 pts)

2003 - 382.2 yds per game allowed (26.7 pts)

1995 - 354.3 yds per game allowed (24.5 pts)

1994 - 450.1 yds per game allowed (36.8 pts)

1993 - 345.1 yds per game allowed (17.7 pts)

It's extremely difficult to win, allowing these kind of defensive totals in the SEC.

On defense, hopefully they can make adjustments or it will be another 400± yds per game average this season.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On defense you can only do 2 things in the secondary Play man or Zone. You have a choice to blitz someone. Up front you can do a few stunts.

Bottom Line the Jims and Joes on defense are not as good as the Jims and Joe on the other team.

Not exactly. There are a lot of combo and split coverages being used these days. UK was playing quite a bit of 2 man which robs the box of men especially on 3rd and long even though they were still running. Hopefully UL Monroes Jims and Joes aren't that good. I don't think they would compare with UT or someone in the bowl.