Mike Archer--Got to GO!!!!!!!!!

sumoroyal

With Central throwing all over UK and LA-Monroe running all over UK, Someone please explain to me how Mike "I can not spell Defense" Archer can keep his job. I can understand giving Brooks another chance, but they ran and got 15 to 20 yards play after play. Every week I think we will get better but we don't. If a team does not improve game to game, the coach has to go. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: :thumb:

With Central throwing all over UK and LA-Monroe running all over UK, Someone please explain to me how Mike "I can not spell Defense" Archer can keep his job. I can understand giving Brooks another chance, but they ran and got 15 to 20 yards play after play. Every week I think we will get better but we don't. If a team does not improve game to game, the coach has to go. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I am not an Archer fan but he is not the one that is missing tackles. The tackling today or lack of by KY today was horrible. Everyone wants to reach and hit high, all arm tackles and the pass coverage by the corners with their back to the ball is ugly. With Archer as the DC I agree the problems must fall on him and some changes need to be made.

For all of you college football ANALyists here's an interesting stat for your tiny restricted brains to consume..... How many tackles did Coach Archer have today? Answer: NONE. Thats because the NCAA will only allow Offensive and in this case Defensive Coordinators to call the plays and not make them. I was very close to the action today and from my perspective I saw people in the right places(Coach Archers responsiblility) but not making plays(players responsiblity). Its a cryin shame that we are complaining about things that were wrong with a WIN.... I said WIN. I think that people are so use to tearing up the UK coaching staff for nitpicky things that in the big scheme of things there was a time that UK lost games like today, and Vanderbilt and Georgia, and other games where the 35,000(generous) faithful packed into Commonwealth Stadium with high hopes and came out with the same result. This is a sign that things are changing in KY, and its about time that instead of being negative and pointing out whats wrong, we should start saying that a win is a win and we have things to work on. I dont know in listening to clowns such as radio DJ's and readig the paper that I have heard them rant and rave about pluses that have come with a 7 win season. I think they even had complaints when UK beat Georgia for the first time in a long while. Its time to wake up and smell the roses.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I have been saying this from the day they hired him - Archer is awfull :mad:

For all of you college football ANALyists here's an interesting stat for your tiny restricted brains to consume..... How many tackles did Coach Archer have today? Answer: NONE. Thats because the NCAA will only allow Offensive and in this case Defensive Coordinators to call the plays and not make them. I was very close to the action today and from my perspective I saw people in the right places(Coach Archers responsiblility) but not making plays(players responsiblity). Its a cryin shame that we are complaining about things that were wrong with a WIN.... I said WIN. I think that people are so use to tearing up the UK coaching staff for nitpicky things that in the big scheme of things there was a time that UK lost games like today, and Vanderbilt and Georgia, and other games where the 35,000(generous) faithful packed into Commonwealth Stadium with high hopes and came out with the same result. This is a sign that things are changing in KY, and its about time that instead of being negative and pointing out whats wrong, we should start saying that a win is a win and we have things to work on. I dont know in listening to clowns such as Cutler and readig the paper that I have heard them rant and rave about pluses that have come with a 7 win season. I think they even had complaints when UK beat Georgia for the first time in a long while. Its time to wake up and smell the roses.

You obviously have issues with people posting their opinions that are different from yours.:rolleyes::D Key word ids "opinions". I am glad the Cats got the win but our defense is pathetic! Imo it is Archers defensive scheme - the matador defense ( stay away from them and wave as they go by).....Mumme style!

I was very close to the action today and from my perspective I saw people in the right places(Coach Archers responsiblility) but not making plays(players responsiblity).

Tackling isn't entirely all the player's responsibility... there are ways tackling can be improved. I found it interesting that in the pre-game interview Leech ahd with Brooks he commented how they worked on tackling in practice not on each other, but on the "popsicle" (tackling dummy). I know UK is beat up a little... but for goodness sakes tackling a scout team player will prepare you MUCH better than tackling a dummy any day..at least the scout teamer will move.

It seems like Archer only "tries" to care about the defense when they are playing a big game but could care a less when they play teams like they did today!

Yeah giving up 40 pts to LA Monroe is unexceptable. Poor performance by the defense today.

For all of you college football ANALyists here's an interesting stat for your tiny restricted brains to consume..... How many tackles did Coach Archer have today? Answer: NONE. Thats because the NCAA will only allow Offensive and in this case Defensive Coordinators to call the plays and not make them. I was very close to the action today and from my perspective I saw people in the right places(Coach Archers responsiblility) but not making plays(players responsiblity). Its a cryin shame that we are complaining about things that were wrong with a WIN.... I said WIN. I think that people are so use to tearing up the UK coaching staff for nitpicky things that in the big scheme of things there was a time that UK lost games like today, and Vanderbilt and Georgia, and other games where the 35,000(generous) faithful packed into Commonwealth Stadium with high hopes and came out with the same result. This is a sign that things are changing in KY, and its about time that instead of being negative and pointing out whats wrong, we should start saying that a win is a win and we have things to work on. I dont know in listening to clowns such as radio DJ's and readig the paper that I have heard them rant and rave about pluses that have come with a 7 win season. I think they even had complaints when UK beat Georgia for the first time in a long while. Its time to wake up and smell the roses.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Are you kidding me.......what have you been watching. If Louisiana Monroe scores 40 on ya than you need to go find another line of work. Who do think teaches these kids how to play "D". You better wake up pal........your in la la land. :irked:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Are you kidding me.......what have you been watching. If Louisiana Monroe scores 40 on ya than you need to go find another line of work. Who do think teaches these kids how to play "D". You better wake up pal........your in la la land. :irked:

:thumb: :thumb: Archer may not have been the one missing tackles but he is the one that sets up the defensive scheme/game plan and is the one that is supposed to be teaching them how to tackle and to go after the football instead of laying back / contain in his sets/defenses.